Throwawayacc101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My uni course Biomedical Science starts on the 1st of September, and I JUST applied for the tuition fee today (on the student finance website) and I will be sending off the declaration form tomorrow.

Is it too late?! It did say that the process will take between 4-6 weeks. But I don't have that much time lol. I ****ed up, I thought the process took like a week or sonothing, so I went on holiday right after I finished my exams and ****.

And let's say the process takes longer than 1 week... can I just turn up to uni and start the course? Or do I have to stay out until the process is finished? Also, will it really take 4-6 weeks? Because since I'm a late applicant, I don't think there will be a long queue...

HELP ME lol. This is for the 1st year btw. And I'm living at home since the uni in question is relatively close to me
31shotscrazy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Im sorry, but whats the difference between A level Biology and Biomedical science
Ruby1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can still turn up of course - just let the uni know the tuition payment is likely to be late. If you've applied for a maintainance loan you'll just have to make do in terms of money and potentially borrow some until the loan comes in!
Throwawayacc101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 31shotscrazy)
Im sorry, but whats the difference between A level Biology and Biomedical science
THAT'S NOT RELEVANT TO THE ISSUE AT HAND!!! And there's a lot of difference lol, Google it
FHL123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You tried asking the unis what time the loan has to be paid.. it's usually October?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Throwawayacc101)
My uni course Biomedical Science starts on the 1st of September, and I JUST applied for the tuition fee today (on the student finance website) and I will be sending off the declaration form tomorrow.

Is it too late?! It did say that the process will take between 4-6 weeks. But I don't have that much time lol. I ****ed up, I thought the process took like a week or sonothing, so I went on holiday right after I finished my exams and ****.

And let's say the process takes longer than 1 week... can I just turn up to uni and start the course? Or do I have to stay out until the process is finished? Also, will it really take 4-6 weeks? Because since I'm a late applicant, I don't think there will be a long queue...

HELP ME lol. This is for the 1st year btw. And I'm living at home since the uni in question is relatively close to me
Are you sure the course actually starts on the 1st September, or is that just a nominal date? Which uni/course?
username2357317
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Contact your uni, inform them that the fee is likely to be late. Try and make do without ur maintenance until it comes thru!
31shotscrazy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
THAT'S NOT RELEVANT TO THE ISSUE AT HAND!!! And there's a lot of difference lol, Google it
LMAO sorry I'm in a dilemma here because I chose biomedical science for college. Not much help I know.
Snazzyzebra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 31shotscrazy)
Well for Starts Bioscience can split down into 3 differnet sciences like at my uni the first year is all bioscience then goes off into Zoology/Marine Biology/Etcetc
Snazzyzebra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Provided you can prove to the right people at Uni that your fees are underway and that the Uni will receive them, you should be fine.

Keep a record of all communication with student finance england and stay organised. Go on your universities website, navigate through the pages and look for the people to contact regarding well/being, finance or support. Some unis have these all under one department, some separate. Stop being a pansy and actually TELEPHONE these people in office hours (9am-5pm) and politely explain your issue.

Or email them and tremble in anticipation.

Bonvoyage
31shotscrazy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Snazzyzebra)
Well for Starts Bioscience can split down into 3 differnet sciences like at my uni the first year is all bioscience then goes off into Zoology/Marine Biology/Etcetc
Thank you for the info
dean15842
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't worry, It's not going to be a problem. I have been in the same situation in my second year. I went travelling in the summer just after 1st year and I completely forgot about the student loan application. I applied for the loan in mid september. Most uni's take payment in 3 instalments (beginning of the year around oct-nov, second in january and the final before your exams). There is more than enough time before for SF to approve your application. If the uni raises any problems, all you need to do is show proof that you submitted you application. It's the SF responsibility after that. So relax and don't panic
Mark SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,

Depending on when you submitted your application online, it is expected to be up to seventeen working days to process providing we have all the required information from you.

We would recommend speaking to your university directly so they are aware of the situation.

Thanks,

Mark
P-Ez
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well I changed from a sandwich course back to a full time course on the 5th of September, it's the over a month late now and haven't heard anything (apart from about 4 different dates including October 1st) so 17 days is definitely FALSE.
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by P-Ez)
Well I changed from a sandwich course back to a full time course on the 5th of September, it's the over a month late now and haven't heard anything (apart from about 4 different dates including October 1st) so 17 days is definitely FALSE.

Hello,

It depends how the change was completed:

Current Workflows:

Online Change of Circumstances- 25 working days

Change of Circumstances Form (CO1) - 21working days

Electronic Change of Circumstances (sent from University) - 25 working days

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (63)
14.93%
I'm not sure (14)
3.32%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (143)
33.89%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.42%
I'm not a current university student (196)
46.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed