Eman94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
half way during my masters my father pass away which affected my education as i had to sort out funeral and looking after my family as their mental state was extremely poor as well as my own later on meaning i suspended my studies couple months after

i have sent over a cover letter and evidence a death certificate and funeral book s proof to help my CPR case to gain funding to finish my studies as this happened during my 3rd term which meant i had recieved the full funding.

do u think i will be fine for funding
Mark SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Eman,

I am sorry to hear of your loss, did you suspend or withdraw from your studies?

On the information you have highlighted this is the evidence our assessment team would require to review CPR evidence. However we would be unable to guarantee anything until a assessor has reviewed the information for grounds of CPR.

Thanks,

Mark
Eman94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i suspended my studies
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Eman94)
i suspended my studies

Hi 73446354,

If you suspend your study with the agreement of your university, your payments stop when the university advise us of the suspension.

The remaining payments are released once you resume on their course and the university confirms the resumption.

If your course was a one year in length, and you have requested the maximum loan amount of 10k for 2016, then you have already received all your payments.

If your course is longer than one year, then your application will automatically roll over and your payments will resume, in the second year of your course once the resumption COC sent from the HEP has been processed.

If you withdrew from your previous course rather than suspended, if your university have not already done so,then they should send a withdrawal notice via the Student Information Service (SIS).

In that case if you wish to apply to undertake another Masters course in 2017,
you will be ineligible for further funding without compelling personal reasons.

You would need reapply on the paper 2017 Postgraduate Loan application form with evidence of your their extenuating circumstances.

As you have indicated that you have already provided this, then allow time for that to be reviewed by an assessor, on a case by case basis, if accepted can award an additional year of support.

If you are unsure if your university have sent a suspension notification or a withdrawal,

call the Postgraduate Team

Tel: 0300 100 0031
(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm)

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University