The Student Room Group

Do you actually READ your notes?

I like doing notes for revision, making it neat and clear but end up never going back on them as i prefer reading it through the textbook? Anyone else do the same and feel like the note-taking is pointless? lol
I felt the same for GCSE notes, I made them just so I could say that I made the notes but only skimmed through them on the morning of the exam and it felt like an utter waste of time, A-levels I'm going to change that though
I type mine because it's a lot easier and quicker and I do read them, but I don't just read them and put them down; I transfer the information into mind maps and flash cards.
Reply 3
I make revision cards. Then I remember everything off of them by rewriting. Needless to say I go through many pens and many pads of paper a year. It's so bad for the environment but it's the only way that it goes in. I do recycle everything after though!:u:
Reply 4
I felt like that throughout my GCSEs. I said I would change for A levels, but one year in I am still the same 😐
Reply 5
Original post by CinnamonSmol
I felt the same for GCSE notes, I made them just so I could say that I made the notes but only skimmed through them on the morning of the exam and it felt like an utter waste of time, A-levels I'm going to change that though

I'm doIng a levels and doIng the same good luck lol
Reply 6
Original post by Edosawr
I make revision cards. Then I remember everything off of them by rewriting. Needless to say I go through many pens and many pads of paper a year. It's so bad for the environment but it's the only way that it goes in. I do recycle everything after though!:u:

Same! I always feel guIlty bc of the amount of paper I use!
Reply 7
Original post by lxlxlee
I felt like that throughout my GCSEs. I said I would change for A levels, but one year in I am still the same 😐

Me too lol, I thInk Its just the note takIng that keeps It In your head better, rather than just reading
Original post by johnny786
I'm doIng a levels and doIng the same good luck lol

you too fam, you too

Quick Reply

Latest