Tortoise Speed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I love poetry. So much.

And although I don't know much about busisness, I just had this idea - not sure whether it sounds appealing or not, so would love to hear thoughts:

what about a poetry space, which sells tea and coffee, poetry books, (books with poetry, about poets and about writing poetry) and a space for events such as performance poetry nights, ect.

There would be a kind of retro/rustic vibe, with retro music. The walls would be decorated depending on which section of poetry books you are in. For instance, if you are in a section of the space dedicated to modern comic poets and their books, the wall would have silly illustrations, and bright colours.

Thoughts and feelings? Thanks xx
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tortoise Speed)
So I love poetry. So much.

And although I don't know much about busisness, I just had this idea - not sure whether it sounds appealing or not, so would love to hear thoughts:

what about a poetry space, which sells tea and coffee, poetry books, (books with poetry, about poets and about writing poetry) and a space for events such as performance poetry nights, ect.

There would be a kind of retro/rustic vibe, with retro music. The walls would be decorated depending on which section of poetry books you are in. For instance, if you are in a section of the space dedicated to modern comic poets and their books, the wall would have silly illustrations, and bright colours.

Thoughts and feelings? Thanks xx
Quite a lot of cafes and bars have poetry nights for this exact reason/vibe.
The problem is that most of the public don't really identify as enjoying poetry in public so it becomes part of a roster of events for a venue.

One of my favourites has Open mic on a monday, guest poet or reader on a tues, acoustic wednesdays, Storytelling thursdays and Fri/Sat is beat the gong/touring guest nights.

It would be very hard to have only poetry in a venue though.
Tortoise Speed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Friffinghell)
Quite a lot of cafes and bars have poetry nights for this exact reason/vibe.
The problem is that most of the public don't really identify as enjoying poetry in public so it becomes part of a roster of events for a venue.

One of my favourites has Open mic on a monday, guest poet or reader on a tues, acoustic wednesdays, Storytelling thursdays and Fri/Sat is beat the gong/touring guest nights.

It would be very hard to have only poetry in a venue though.
Thanks so much for your reply!

Yes I didn't think of that! It would be quite difficult.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads