S*ggsStudent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am starting Year 11 in September and wondered if anyone could give me any advice. This year I didn't do as well as I could on my exams only achieving a C on one subject.
However, I would like to get some A's for my GCSE exams. Does anyone have any advice? For example, how many hours I should revise each day etc...
Thanks
ada_786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I'm going into year 11, on average I do 5-6 hours per day covering minimum 2 subjects. Really it's based on how much you put in but if you just give me a dir ft message, I'm sure we could talk a bit more.
Isabella547
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just finished year 11, my main advise is to revise and take notes as soon as u start, I know it is the last thing u want to here but everyone I know and myself wished they took notes as soon as they started such as flash cards/ spider diagram, it goes by soo quick and before u know it, it is the exam. But please don't stress about it, focus mainly on the subjects u need especially math and English, but revise all ur subjects. Do well in ur controlled assessments and ISAs as they can really boost up ur grade in the final exam. I revised from 4- 7/8pm on school days but nearly the whole day from 7/8am- 8pm on weekends however this varied. Please don't stress too much, It can get overwhelming but u will manage and it will all be over
S*ggsStudent
Rep:
?
Wow, 5-6 hours! Thanks for replying by the way.
S*ggsStudent
Rep:
?
Thanks for replying!
Hanamaru
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't do what I did in the first term and forget about homework and tests. I managed to get myself back in the swing of things in December/January but I felt so awful during that period - I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Basically, don't procrastinate. Get stuff done.

Also, don't compare your grades with other people. It's easier said than done but comparing yourself just brings you down so much.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%