The Student Room Group

Do you think that this is good advice, or do you think that this person is angry at m

I posted to someone who I once knew from school that I was lonely at uni and that I had no friends and that people were calling me names. I felt very down and under pressure at Uni when I did, and think that this person is angry at me now. Do you think this is good advice to what I posted, or do you think this person hates me? He responded:

'First of all you need to chill. You are not a retard. The dictionary definition does not apply to you because you are social and you know how to interact with people. Only you can change your loneliness. Throw caution to the wind. Join a club/society. Ignore those who insult you - you have dealt with worse at school. If you think you have no friends then you are wrong. Look up the definition of friend in a dictionary and apply it to people you know. It's not all about uni work. You need to put yourself out there and friends will come your way.'

Do you think that this is good advice, or do you think that the person who wrote it now hates me and is angry at me?
I think that's pretty good advice. He could've said it in a less blunt way but that might just be the kind of person he is
It is indeed solid advice and I think he could be a good friend to you, he sounds like he cares a lot to have written a paragraph.

Also, it'll be okay, what you're going through at the moment.
Reply 3
Original post by moonandstars1
I think that's pretty good advice. He could've said it in a less blunt way but that might just be the kind of person he is

You know how it sounds blunt - I worry that it means that he is angry at me. Do you think that it is bluntness out of angryness or could he be a friend but just is naturally like that?
Original post by Tomm98
You know how it sounds blunt - I worry that it means that he is angry at me. Do you think that it is bluntness out of angryness or could he be a friend but just is naturally like that?

Honestly, I don't think he sounds angry at all! He's trying to reassure you, whilst giving you some advice. If he didn't consider you a friend, he could've just ignored you or wrote a half hearted reply. Try not to over think it, hope that whatever you're going through improves soon <3
It's good advice
Original post by Tomm98
Do you think that this is good advice, or do you think that the person who wrote it now hates me and is angry at me?

It is good advice.

It is evident that one of your main problems is over-thinking. Follow the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest