The Student Room Group

Footnote and referencing wrong in LL.M Dissertation. I need HELP!!

Hello! I am an international student currently pursuing LL.M from the University of Edinburgh. I just submitted my dissertation and that too a late submission.
The problem is in last minute editing I added few more footnotes so my cross-referencing is wrong (not entirely but at some places) and I have accidentally put a wrong footnote for a quote. I am worried that I will fail my dissertation due to plagiarism. Can somebody tell me, if they had a similar experience how did it go?
I was extremely stressed and I didn't like my dissertation so I decide to make huge changes at the last minute and I think I have now completely duffed my dissertation and going to fail my course ;'(
Till now I have 64.5% average my all courses and I had a chance of 2:1. Which I think is not possible anymore.
I can't stop obsessing over the fact that I am going to fail.
Original post by Sunanda87

So long at it's obvious that you tried to reference everything correctly, but just stuffed up the numbering or layout etc you will be fine. What will be picked up for plagiarism it chunks of work that is obviously not yours just written in the standard format and font within paragraphs, or if there is systemic failure to attempt correct referencing.

Provided it's something like a few sections with the footnotes out of order, or incorrectly numbered it shouldn't be a failing issue.
Reply 2
Yeah thanks for the reply. It's just the footnote for quote is there but it's on the wrong footnote number. And I am freaking out. And I have to wait for a month to get results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending