The Student Room Group

Missing results day

I'm away on holiday at the moment so I'm missing out on results day. Everywhere I look on the internet there is talk of the big day and I feel like I'm really missing out by not being there to open my results with my friends and teachers. Instead, I'll be doing it in my sad and dark house. Alternatively, I can not open them at all and just give them to my sixth form to open for me. What do you guys think?
Reply 1
I'm missing results day too :frown: I'm dissapointed to be missing out, and also worried. What if any of my exams will need to be remarked? How will I know if I'm getting my results over the phone and not there to speal to teachers?
open them yourself
Original post by Emsio8
I'm away on holiday at the moment so I'm missing out on results day. Everywhere I look on the internet there is talk of the big day and I feel like I'm really missing out by not being there to open my results with my friends and teachers. Instead, I'll be doing it in my sad and dark house. Alternatively, I can not open them at all and just give them to my sixth form to open for me. What do you guys think?

Original post by Ribozome
I'm missing results day too :frown: I'm dissapointed to be missing out, and also worried. What if any of my exams will need to be remarked? How will I know if I'm getting my results over the phone and not there to speal to teachers?

Hey! I missed out too, I was away and my mum had to call me :smile:

If you really want to be part of it, call one of your friends and ask your favourite teacher to do it for you so you don't miss out, then connect with your mates on Whatsapp/ social media. I would do that, so you feel part of it still :h:

You have plenty of time for remarks - exam boards are different - but you'll have until towards mid-end of September! Also know, you can request your maths/ exam exam paper back to go through it with your teacher - it costs about £10-£15.
Reply 4
either way a remark can take up to 3 months and college enrolment always want results before then
so dont panic
whatever your results are, they are what they are

good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest