UEA:Really THAT bad? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by AbbyAbbi)
You will soon get used the phrase "LCR" too!
Surely you'll want ot be updating that to MCR
Caffers
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Nah its not an ex-Poly. I'm going into my second year, and i think its fantastic. Great city, not too big, not too small, great bunch of people, brilliant surroundings (especially in the summer, although 2am trips to the lake in november are very fun).

I have 3 friends on the law course, and they say its hard, but a good course.

Of course UEA isnt with the top unis like Bristol, Durham, Nottingham, Warwick etc, but i think its definatly the best of the rest.

The women are hot, but somehow disappear after the first few weeks (well in my opinion as a bachelor )

And i cant wait for the LCR to reopen!
kt13
Report 14 years ago
hey!!!

im off to bristol in a few weeks to do law, but uea was my insurance choice. and i would have been happy to go there. i visited the uni last summer, and although it was a bit concretey (not a word i no!!) i thought it was really nice. the law building was quite impressive too, and although uea mite not have quite a good a reputation as some other unis, u could still do alot worse!!!
twh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no, do not come to UEA. i went there last year just on a visit for an extra maths thing (im in yr13) and it is terrible. add to the fact that norwich as a city is a dump. really. a dump. i repeat, do not come to UEA unless your Law course is really the course you want and this is the ony place doing it.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And your reasoning for saying the above is?

Fair enough if you don't like a place, but other people (like me) do like it and its not fair just to write that the place is sh*t - you may think so but others don't. And I can think of far worse places than Norwich.
curlyc3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, I live in Norwich now and am going to UEA to start maths degree next week! If everyone is looking at the tables then for Maths it was 6th so really its pretty good!! It was in the top 20 overall I think! I know loads of clever people that are going there! In the area it has a brilliant reputation, the only main fault is the concrete buildings but there is still a really nice green lake area to make up for it!! I can't comment on the Law part but I know it's pretty hard to get into so can't be bad!! The reason that some of the grade offers are quite low are to allow more people a chance i think! (I did ask one of the Maths lecturers but it was a while ago!) But most of them are starting to put them up because they were missing out on the high flying students who thought low grades=bad course!! not true!!

As for the city, I think twh is completely wrong! Can't have got a proper idea of the place if only here for few hours!! There's lots of shops with posh new centre in development! And entertainment as some else has sed is brilliant on and off campus!!

So if any one else is knocking the UEA get them to read this thread coz ther are lots of people willing to correctly inform them of what it's really like!
Outrageous
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by InterCity125)
Basically there is Oxbridge and the other med schools. Oxbridge has the traditional pre clin/clinical divide (like all med used to be), but the other have got rid of this. Nottingham seems to have a foot in both camps. At UEA they are very pro PBL, which is modern as would not suit me very well.
Thie degress are just as good as Oxfords and I do not imagine that they have any less prestige when it comes to applying for jobs a MBBS is an MBBS.
Oh. I see. So is UEA the only school to be biased towards PBL? Would that perhaps damage your transfer possiblities from UEA to say any other med school? What do you think? Are transfer at all accepted at med schools?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (548)
91.18%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (53)
8.82%

Watched Threads