michikohatchin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got into Aston Uni with BBC, my insurance. I really wanted to go to my first choice Uni which was Exeter but obviously missed the grades.

Exeter was one of the only unis that actually offered my course. So It really was the one I wanted to go. I'm wanting to do my first year at Aston then transfer when I'm finish.

I wanted to know if it's possible to transfer to Exeter despite my A2 Grades even if I do well at my first year at Aston?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by michikohatchin)
I got into Aston Uni with BBC, my insurance. I really wanted to go to my first choice Uni which was Exeter but obviously missed the grades.

Exeter was one of the only unis that actually offered my course. So It really was the one I wanted to go. I'm wanting to do my first year at Aston then transfer when I'm finish.

I wanted to know if it's possible to transfer to Exeter despite my A2 Grades even if I do well at my first year at Aston?
You should ask Exeter what the policy is. Imo you should gap and resit. You want to o to Exeter.

Transfers can be harder into good unis. Some dont allow it. If they dont then it would be a foolish pan to embark upon.
Arianax
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think you should just resist because you don't want to use one year of student finance just to transfer. What if Exeter don't accept transfers?

Then, you're stuck at a uni for another two years you don't want to be at.

Plus, you will have only 3 years of funding left.
southerner
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just for anyone going through old transfer threads, i have received an offer to transfer to Exeter into second year so they do accept transfers. One thing they pointed out to me during the process was that the courses would need to overlap and in some cases it would also depend on your A-Level grades and what uni you were transferring from (in my case Warwick). Another thing to mention is a good reference and any backing info (why you want to transfer) would definitely help. I applied through ucas again so i had to re-write my personal statement but it's all doable!
lilytsr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m currently studying English Literature at university and I am in my second year. I was thinking of transferring into second year at Exeter University too, I was just wondering what the process was, how you got into contact with the university, what were your first steps and what your experience of transferring was and whether it was worth it or not? It would be so helpful if you did have any advice!
cocokiwi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lilytsr)
I’m currently studying English Literature at university and I am in my second year. I was thinking of transferring into second year at Exeter University too, I was just wondering what the process was, how you got into contact with the university, what were your first steps and what your experience of transferring was and whether it was worth it or not? It would be so helpful if you did have any advice!
It all depend on the university and course . I was able to transfer for my second year of uni. I firstly had to contact the university to see if they take on transfer students for the year I wanted to go in (I called admissions team and emailed the course leader). My current uni accepted transfers. so then I had to apply for my 2nd year through UCAS all over again (I was able to use parts of my old personal statement). once accepted you would also have to update your student finance loan (if you use this) for your current uni.
lilytsr
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cocokiwi)
It all depend on the university and course . I was able to transfer for my second year of uni. I firstly had to contact the university to see if they take on transfer students for the year I wanted to go in (I called admissions team and emailed the course leader). My current uni accepted transfers. so then I had to apply for my 2nd year through UCAS all over again (I was able to use parts of my old personal statement). once accepted you would also have to update your student finance loan (if you use this) for your current uni.
Thank you so much for the information. I was just wondering whether you were happier at the university after having transferred, was it definitely the right choice?
cocokiwi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For me it was definitely the right choice! im much happier, I enjoy the course more and I was closer to home. I know it can be scary making this decision. I was in the same boat. Before I made my decision I was choosing out of two unis (they also required me to achieve 120 credits from 1st year). I had a meeting with the course leader which also enabled me to speak to a student and ask about the course, I also went to an open day. ( obviously covid makes this harder now). Remember everyones uni experience is different. whatever you decide I hope it makes you happy!
lilytsr
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cocokiwi)
For me it was definitely the right choice! im much happier, I enjoy the course more and I was closer to home. I know it can be scary making this decision. I was in the same boat. Before I made my decision I was choosing out of two unis (they also required me to achieve 120 credits from 1st year). I had a meeting with the course leader which also enabled me to speak to a student and ask about the course, I also went to an open day. ( obviously covid makes this harder now). Remember everyones uni experience is different. whatever you decide I hope it makes you happy!
Thank you!
lilytsr
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was also just wondering what you were studying and if you had the exact grades for the course you were applying for in Exeter? For the course I want to transfer to the entry requirements are AAA with contextual offers of ABC or ACC, but my A level grades are A*AB, do you think that would impact my chances of being able to transfer into the course, or do you think they could accept those grades?
cocokiwi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lilytsr)
I was also just wondering what you were studying and if you had the exact grades for the course you were applying for in Exeter? For the course I want to transfer to the entry requirements are AAA with contextual offers of ABC or ACC, but my A level grades are A*AB, do you think that would impact my chances of being able to transfer into the course, or do you think they could accept those grades?
you'll have to ask your uni what the entry requirements would be to transfer and if your grades are acceptable. For me it was based on what I achieved in my first year. All unis are different
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads