The Student Room Group

How long until you get your full licence after passing your test?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Turtlebunny
I passed mine 30th of August and waiting for mine still too. Meant to arrive on or before 21st of Sept but I don't really mind as long as it arrives before October when I go back to uni as I want ID lol

Oh i hope so! I’m keeping an eye out this week for the post, hopefully fingers crossed for us both ha ha🤞🏼🤞🏼
Original post by JALMG129
Oh i hope so! I’m keeping an eye out this week for the post, hopefully fingers crossed for us both ha ha🤞🏼🤞🏼

& well done too on the pass 👍🏼✌🏼🙂🙂
& well done too on the pass 👍🏼✌🏼🙂🙂

Well done on the pass to you too! Just out of interest when in August did you pass your test?
Well done on the pass to you too! Just out of interest when in August did you pass your test?

Passed 28th, i called them about 30mins ago mines not showing on the system so i guess it will be another week (tumoz is 2 weeks since passing) she said not to worry tho so.. we’ll see lol fingers crossed we both get them on time..
Passed 28th, i called them about 30mins ago mines not showing on the system so i guess it will be another week (tumoz is 2 weeks since passing) she said not to worry tho so.. we’ll see lol fingers crossed we both get them on time..

Ah yeah because I think you can check your driving record online which I did and it still says I have a provisional. The bit that must take the longest is actually them registering the fact that you've passed your test and updating their records, sending you out the licence itself must be the quick part! I'll only phone them up if it doesn't arrive in the three week time period as it gets closer to when term starts then and id like not to use my passport or anything else as ID ...
Reply 25
Ah yeah because I think you can check your driving record online which I did and it still says I have a provisional. The bit that must take the longest is actually them registering the fact that you've passed your test and updating their records, sending you out the licence itself must be the quick part! I'll only phone them up if it doesn't arrive in the three week time period as it gets closer to when term starts then and id like not to use my passport or anything else as ID ...

It's processed and dispatched on the same day - it's just making the way through the queue that takes the time.
Original post by IWMTom
It's processed and dispatched on the same day - it's just making the way through the queue that takes the time.

Yeah fair enough, thought something like that would be the case!
Reply 27
I passed on the 23rd so today is the end of the three weeks and I still haven't received my license, not surprised due to how busy August is for them.
Original post by lilouox
I passed on the 23rd so today is the end of the three weeks and I still haven't received my license, not surprised due to how busy August is for them.

Check the mail tomorrow as someone who passed 3 weeks ago from friday just gone, got theirs on Monday.. so maybe today, saturday or monday and you should have it :smile:🤞🏼🤞🏼
@Genie412
Fairplay to you for sticking at it and not giving up, you fought and battled a hard long journey you hold your head high no one can take your licence away from you now. You are the definition of percaverance. most people would have thrown in the towel (I known person whom took them 9 times - not putting him down don't matter how many times takes only need pass once).

As you know and everyone knows It's very frustrating when don't pass and have wait 3weeks for your next test slot to come round.

You be proud of your self massive achievement girl long u stuck at it and hey U got there congrats!!, everyone gets there, not a race. An instructor once said students who fail again and again make the best drivers on road.

I don't like boastful people (smart asses) who are more concerned about how many attempts it took you to pass test - I always say HEY! grow up! YOU WERN'T born! with a steering wheel in your hand, only need to pass once that's all that matters.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending