Went through a red traffic light

Watch
Hello2323
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was sleepy after a long day and on way home I went through a red light went back and checked and there were nothing on top of the traffic lights no red traffic light cameras around however down the road at a pedestrian crossing the traffic lights have small black boxes on top of them shaped like cameras will I be caught
Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably.
james813
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hello2323)
I was sleepy after a long day and on way home I went through a red light went back and checked and there were nothing on top of the traffic lights no red traffic light cameras around however down the road at a pedestrian crossing the traffic lights have small black boxes on top of them shaped like cameras will I be caught
Unlikely if you didn't cause any accident, as someone isn't watching every camera in the country constantly for a mistake to be made.
Sam280297
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should be fine, dont worry. I've gone through a red light before in a busy junction by accident and didnt get fined. Given the amount of people who do it and the lack of people who get caught you should be fine. Half the time the cameras dont even seem to be on anyway. Don't overthink it, you wont have been the first to make that mistake and you certainly wont be the last.
Drunq
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're fine. The cameras you should look out for are yellow.

Also I advise you use Waze whenever you are driving, it will alert you of any speed/red light cameras.
Hello2323
Rep:
?
The traffic lights I went through had nothing on top and there were no red traffic light cameras however down the road in the opposite lane the traffic lights had these on top Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  377.7 KB
Drunq
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The traffic lights I went through had nothing on top and there were no red traffic light cameras however down the road in the opposite lane the traffic lights had these on top Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  377.7 KB
You're fine.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You were.. sleepy? That is NOT an excuse. You should NEVER go through a red light under ANY circumstances. If you're so sleepy you can't understand the concept of traffic signals, you shouldn't be bloody driving!

Will you be caught? Probably not. Should you be? Yes - it would teach you a lesson about responsible driving.

Tagging AngryJellyfish to move this thread to Cars and Motoring.
Hello2323
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
You were.. sleepy? That is NOT an excuse. You should NEVER go through a red light under ANY circumstances. If you're so sleepy you can't understand the concept of traffic signals, you shouldn't be bloody driving!

Will you be caught? Probably not. Should you be? Yes - it would teach you a lesson about responsible driving.

Tagging AngryJellyfish to move this thread to Cars and Motoring.
i'm sorry i know how dangerous it was and will be more careful in future believe me it was an honest mistake
Drunq
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i'm sorry i know how dangerous it was and will be more careful in future believe me it was an honest mistake
Don't let his stupid comment let you down. Mistakes are made... learn from it
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Say that to a pedestrian you could've hit, smh.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Drunq)
Don't let his stupid comment let you down. Mistakes are made... learn from it
Sigh.. "mistakes" kill people when you're driving a motorised 1.5 ton lump of metal.
username1921011
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm both sides on this debate. On the human element travelling through a red light is an unintentional error, and who can claim to be free of such errors entirely as a driver? It was a simple error that resulted in no injury or death.

However you were driving a heavy piece of metal and it could have killed someone easily. Being sleepy is irrelevant, 'tiredness kills' signs are not there to test if the electronic notice board still works, and in law that would actually make it worse as you knew your driving ability was sub optimum and failed to take reasonable care in possession of this fact.

Overall I would say imagine you'd gone through that light and hit a kid on his bike, you're just lucky that didn't happen, use the knowledge of how serious it could have been to inform you about your driving in the future.

As for the original question it's unlikely you'll get anything, red light runners are sadly very prevalent and often not caught.
Abdalla afro
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have gone through a red traffic light and I have got my license 1 year and half I am wondering if I will get fine and course or points please help
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abdalla afro)
I have gone through a red traffic light and I have got my license 1 year and half I am wondering if I will get fine and course or points please help
All three, none, who knows.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (338)
83.66%
No (66)
16.34%

Watched Threads