What do you think of the toddler on ITV News?

Watch
2-99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
She wandered around the studio and climbed onto the desk. I saw on Facebook that many people were calling her an ill-behaved brat, and saying that her mother was irresponsible. Do you agree?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...itv-news-video
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 2-99)
She wandered around the studio and climbed onto the desk. I saw on Facebook that many people were calling her an ill-behaved brat, and saying that her mother was irresponsible. Do you agree?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...itv-news-video
I don't think it's a big deal, a lot of FB commenters think they're perfect and take things way too seriously.
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Toddlers aren't psychologically developed yet, so you can't expect them to conform to social expectations and behavioural standards - they're still learning.

The mum was being interviewed, so she wasn't exactly in a normal situation either.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's not that deep. I think it would have been nicer for the parents to have controlled the child more - you can hardly blame a toddler for toddling. Anyway, it's ITN - what do you expect
Mahree_Ah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol she's a toddler, she won't be perfectly behaved. And what was her mother supposed to do? Pick her up and risk her throwing a tantrum on TV?
2-99
Rep:
?
(Original post by miser)
Toddlers aren't psychologically developed yet, so you can't expect them to conform to social expectations and behavioural standards - they're still learning.

The mum was being interviewed, so she wasn't exactly in a normal situation either.
I agree - toddlers will naturally explore, without a real understanding of 'good' behaviour like an older child would have. I'm glad all you guys are actually tolerant.
2-99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mahree_Ah)
Lol she's a toddler, she won't be perfectly behaved. And what was her mother supposed to do? Pick her up and risk her throwing a tantrum on TV?
You obviously have a realistic understanding of the workings of young children. :yy:
2-99
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
I don't think it's a big deal, a lot of FB commenters think they're perfect and take things way too seriously.
Yeah, they're so critical, too. It really bums me out.
username3441700
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whilst it's true that she is a toddler and she doesn't understand how to fully conform to social expectations, they should've at least got her somewhere to sit or something. I don't see why she was just let loose like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.57%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.66%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
10.34%
No - I live at home during term anyway (54)
26.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise