Failing gcse legacy june 2017 resit

Watch
Bobbyskins
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I failed my gcse legacy resit this summer, does this mean I have to do the new GCSE maths spec? Also, if I do would I have to put numbers because my old gcse will be in letters
coldwarm34
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bobbyskins)
I failed my gcse legacy resit this summer, does this mean I have to do the new GCSE maths spec? Also, if I do would I have to put numbers because my old gcse will be in letters
Unfortunately yes, you have to do the new specification and you can't forward old spec marks. Who knows they might be kind and offer one last resit, who knows. Ask your teachers though, I messed up maths aswell, hopefully somehow get a B
Bobbyskins
Rep:
?
(Original post by coldwarm34)
Unfortunately yes, you have to do the new specification and you can't forward old spec marks. Who knows they might be kind and offer on last resit, who knows
Ffs man
Djerun
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in the same boat, just I didn't get a C but a D. Don't want to go learn all the new content for the new maths GCSEs but I'm hearing that the grade boundaries are quite low..
coldwarm34
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ffs man
I had a level exams aswell, wish they'd done it separately like this year a levels last then next year gcse, had many exams
coldwarm34
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Djerun)
I'm in the same boat, just I didn't get a C but a D. Don't want to go learn all the new content for the new maths GCSEs but I'm hearing that the grade boundaries are quite low..
B was 96, A was 135, A* was 167
Bobbyskins
Rep:
?
I had a level exams aswell, wish they'd done it separately like this year a levels last then next year gcse, had many exams
Yh I had politics this year
Bobbyskins
Rep:
?
(Original post by Djerun)
Same here im stressing that a university might not offer me a place because of maths well a good one
Djerun
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same here im stressing that a university might not offer me a place because of maths well a good one
Same with me :/ got good a levels but need the maths..
coldwarm34
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
GUYS HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD Be interested in A RESIT IN OLD SPEC gcse / alevels. I don’t think it was fair for people to do a levels and GCSE finally opportunity at the same time because this would mean you have to do many exams and I know people who did both this summer. What should’ve been done is one year final chances for a level then the next for GCSE so it avoids having many exams . I have the chance to present this, and my personal experience to people. I would like to show that there are still people out there and agree with my suggestion.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
GUYS HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD Be interested in A RESIT IN OLD SPEC gcse / alevels. I don’t think it was fair for people to do a levels and GCSE finally opportunity at the same time because this would mean you have to do many exams and I know people who did both this summer. What should’ve been done is one year final chances for a level then the next for GCSE so it avoids having many exams . I have the chance to present this, and my personal experience to people at edexcel. I would like to show that there are still people out there and agree with my suggestion.
Move on. It is nothing to do with Edexcel - it was decided by OFQUAL so there is no point talking to Edexcel about it. There were 2 re-sit opportunities for GCSE Maths And English Language and one for all the A level exams so there is zero chance they are going to change their minds now when the final timetables have been available for next Summer for 5 months.
coldwarm34
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
Move on. It is nothing to do with Edexcel - it was decided by OFQUAL so there is no point talking to Edexcel about it. There were 2 re-sit opportunities for GCSE Maths And English Language and one for all the A level exams so there is zero chance they are going to change their minds now when the final timetables have been available for next Summer for 5 months.
Ok thanks
ceryscarter
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’m exactly the same , I have ended up getting a maths tutor coming to my home every 2 weeks to help me with the new spec. It’s definitely helping though so I recommend maybe finding a maths tutor if you are struggling. I can’t concentrate as much in college as the people in my class just mess around and I don’t get much help. Highly recommend a maths tutor though.
coldwarm34
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
Final thing, there well might be a 0% chance, but I’m going to keep trying till there is no more avenues to explore. I’m not going to give up easily. I’m going to try my best for myself and others.
mrwhitz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Final thing, there well might be a 0% chance, but I’m going to keep trying till there is no more avenues to explore. I’m not going to give up easily. I’m going to try my best for myself and others.
Good luck. You already know what's gonna happen..
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
By all means go ahead but you really are flogging a dead horse. The planning cycle for exams is far longer than you imagine - it was announced about 3 years ago that last Summer would be the last chance for these specs and the re-sits have been offered on the same basis as for the 15 years I can remember. For A levels there is always one last chance to re-sit and for GCSEs there is a chance to re-sit Maths and English and Science but the other subjects don't have a re-sit opportunity at all. On this occasion there have been 2 re-sit chances for Maths and English so it's been more accommodating than usual.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (43)
27.56%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.97%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.05%

Watched Threads