Beccae53
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey I was just wondering why I haven't got my raw marks for maths and English. Does everybody not have their raw marks? Can I email my high school and asks to have them, thanks
Joe012
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Beccae53)
Hey I was just wondering why I haven't got my raw marks for maths and English. Does everybody not have their raw marks? Can I email my high school and asks to have them, thanks
i didnt get them on my slip but i asked a teacher and then i got them
Beccae53
Rep:
?
So do you think I could email somebody at my school about getting it and who did you speak to?
Carolyndiane01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I didn't either
Beccae53
Rep:
?
I don't understand why they didn't put them on was there a reason for it?
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Nick, is there any chance you can clarify why students aren't getting the raw marks for Maths and English but are getting raw marks for their other subjects?
ammanical
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Hi Nick, is there any chance you can clarify why students aren't getting the raw marks for Maths and English but are getting raw marks for their other subjects?
Surely because English and Maths are linear, and are no longer modular, so they do not have UMS - and other subjects are still modular, hence why they have UMS? Or I do anyway. I don't have raw marks, just UMS.
Beccae53
Rep:
?
What I don't understand is the exam boards have released the grade boundaries but I can't see how far off I was from the next grade so I don't know if it's worth getting a remark.
NickJCQ
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your Candidate Statement of Provisional Results, i.e. your results slip, will simply show your grade for the new reformed linear GCSE qualifications -
English Language, English Literature and Mathematics.

If you contact your school they should be able to advise you on the raw marks you achieved for each of the papers. Schools will have been provided with this information, particularly so as to advise students on reviews of marking.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards
Nick
Beccae53
Rep:
?
Thanks I've emailed somebody at the school to see what they could do about it hopefully they'll get back soon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (673)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.23%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.54%

Watched Threads