The Student Room Group

Which subject should I drop??!

Hi, I'm currently studying Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Business at AS going onto A2. This year I received:
Bio: A (Average A)
Business: A (high A)
Maths: B (5 marks off A)
Chem: B (Average B- 9 marks off A)

I am going to be applying to study medicine in the following universities:
UCL/Imperial
Manchester
Leeds
Newcastle

I am unsure on whether to drop Maths OR Business! I am aware that a typical medicine applicant would take Bio, Chem and Maths, however as I have performed well in Business, I am not sure whether dropping Business would be ideal. I have emailed the universities and Manchester, UCL and Leeds and Newcastle are not picky on the third subjects as long as it isn't critical thinking. However, I don't know the extent to which this is true (if I had a very similar profile to another student who took Maths instead of Business, would they choose them)?
NGL the vast majority of medics will have the chem bio and maths combo. So you can either stand out against the crowd or be one of the group. Personally i would go for business just because you did better, But i would wait until your predictions come out and make a decision as ultimately its your predictions which get you into uni. Good luck tho.
Reply 2
Hi, my predictions are A for both (maths said I would have to work extremely hard though). If I do business would It be best to do an EPQ??

Quick Reply

Latest