The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Student finance for people who have withdrew and want to go back to a degree

Hi so I went to uni for 2 years and then after my second year retook the year as I failed some modules, dropping out at the start of January, so my second semester. I had an overpayment for grant and now am paying back through direct debits monthly I've just got a place at holloway and was wondering if student finance would fund me for my academic year also I spoke to student fees at the uni and they said you can only pay in two half installments, though I spoke to an advisor and they told me if I want to set up a payment plan to email. When I emailed they said the same thing on the website about paying 50% of fees on the start of year and the other half in January.Please help me as I want to know my options I really want to study this year and have been accepted to a course I'm really excited to learn about I would be able to pay monthly or quarterly for my tuition also I applied for student accommodation too so my maintenance loan will mostly go to that.
Original post by answerspls1
Hi so I went to uni for 2 years and then after my second year retook the year as I failed some modules, dropping out at the start of January, so my second semester. I had an overpayment for grant and now am paying back through direct debits monthly I've just got a place at holloway and was wondering if student finance would fund me for my academic year also I spoke to student fees at the uni and they said you can only pay in two half installments, though I spoke to an advisor and they told me if I want to set up a payment plan to email. When I emailed they said the same thing on the website about paying 50% of fees on the start of year and the other half in January.Please help me as I want to know my options I really want to study this year and have been accepted to a course I'm really excited to learn about I would be able to pay monthly or quarterly for my tuition also I applied for student accommodation too so my maintenance loan will mostly go to that.

So you've used three years up, it's likely you might be able to use your gift year but thats it.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
okay my gift year would they allow me to use that this year to pay for my first academic year or is there possibility to arrange an payment plan other than 50% in two instalments with the uni.
Original post by answerspls1
okay my gift year would they allow me to use that this year to pay for my first academic year or is there possibility to arrange an payment plan other than 50% in two instalments with the uni.

Try posting in the Student Finance England forum where some SFE experts may be able to advise or call SFE to discuss your situation.
From what you have said you appear to have used 3 years of funding entitlement and therefore would only be funded for the last year of a new 3 year degree and would have to self fund the first 2 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending