How long did it take for your PROVISIONAL DRIVING LICENCE to come?????

Watch
This discussion is closed.
gingerbread22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, it is my birthday on saturday and i have my first driving lesson scheduled for sunday afternoon. I applied for my driving licence 2 and a half weeks ago and sent my paper copy off last tuesday. Im praying it will come in time for my driving lesson.

How long did it take for you to get your provisional driving licence???
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to Cars and motoring.
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
like 3 or 4 days I think, but I submitted mine online.
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gingerbread22)
Hi, it is my birthday on saturday and i have my first driving lesson scheduled for sunday afternoon. I applied for my driving licence 2 and a half weeks ago and sent my paper copy off last tuesday. Im praying it will come in time for my driving lesson.

By any chance, did you get the Application Completion form thingy, and if so what actually is it?( I'm asking as I have a current Provisional application and got sent the completion form)

Posted from TSR Mobile
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gingerbread22)

It's the busiest time of the year for the DVLA at the moment - wait four weeks from sending off the form before seeking an update with customer services.

(Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
By any chance, did you get the Application Completion form thingy, and if so what actually is it?( I'm asking as I have a current Provisional application and got sent the completion form)

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't send the details of a UK passport (or if they're unable to verify it with HMPO) they need to collect proof of identity, and a photograph from you.
Basiil17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
It's the busiest time of the year for the DVLA at the moment - wait four weeks from sending off the form before seeking an update with customer services.

If you don't send the details of a UK passport (or if they're unable to verify it with HMPO) they need to collect proof of identity, and a photograph from you.
That makes more sense, even though I did give them my passport details ( I think the two year old photo triggered it). Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
That makes more sense, even though I did give them my passport details ( I think the two year old photo triggered it). Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Potentially, but it could have been any number of things - don't worry about it; it's a relatively simple procedure.
mythical.6
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What's the average wait time after the online tracker confirms that your license has been "issued"?
Elizabeth1507
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I sent of for provisinal last Wednesday in post with birth certificate how long do you reckon before I receive my provisional card
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Elizabeth1507)
I sent of for provisinal last Wednesday in post with birth certificate how long do you reckon before I receive my provisional card

You didn't need to gravedig to ask that.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads