The Student Room Group

online media studies A level/BTEC diploma

I've just got my GCSE results and have got into sixth form to do Business BTEC and product design A level. I really want to do media studies but my school don't offer it anymore (they did when I applied but changed it to film studies a few months ago). Dose anyone know if its possible to do an online course with no tutor. My parents have offered to pay.
Original post by Pandamo
I've just got my GCSE results and have got into sixth form to do Business BTEC and product design A level. I really want to do media studies but my school don't offer it anymore (they did when I applied but changed it to film studies a few months ago). Dose anyone know if its possible to do an online course with no tutor. My parents have offered to pay.

There isn't really a demand for online tutoring of such niche subjects unfortunately. You would also need the support of a school/college in order to submit assignments and sit exams.

If this is really what you want to do and feel passionate about, it may be worth looking into other sixth forms and colleges to see if you meet their entry criteria. Even if this involved a commute, it would likely be the best option for you.

Quick Reply