The Student Room Group

Midwifery Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone attend the interviews for Uni of Manchester last Friday? And has heard back?
I got a place at Uni of Manchester!! Start date is next September 😁😁 made up!
Bump :h:
Hi I'm Christel and starting Midwifery at City University this September!!!! Eep!! :smile: Is there anyone else doing Midwifery at City this September?
Starting midwifery at University of West London in April 2019 (or September 2018 depending if they have spare places)
Original post by Starlight15
Starting midwifery at University of West London in April 2019 (or September 2018 depending if they have spare places)

Bump!
Hello everyone....is there anyone else going to study Midwifery at City University London this September?
:smile::h:
Hello there 👋

I'm currently a first year student midwife who is about to start second year. If you have any questions about the course then please feel free to ask.

Somaya Ali
Reply 468
Hi guys could someone please send me there personal statement to get ideas from please, also anytips on gaining work experience
Original post by Somalistmw
Hello there 👋

I'm currently a first year student midwife who is about to start second year. If you have any questions about the course then please feel free to ask.

Somaya Ali

hey girl! I was wondering what grades you achieved to get onto the course! Did you meet the entry requirements? And is it true that people usually get onto the course without meeting the entry requirements?
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone would mind looking at my personal statement for applying thus cycle? I think it’s almost good to go but I just want to get a few other pairs of eyes on it to make sure it all makes sense lol x
Hi Terri, I've applied for 2019/2020 and would be happy to help as i've already sent my application off :smile: can you DM me it or do you need my email?
Original post by Terri1990
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone would mind looking at my personal statement for applying thus cycle? I think it’s almost good to go but I just want to get a few other pairs of eyes on it to make sure it all makes sense lol x

Hi Terri,
I’m a midwifery student currently at uwe, feel free to send it over to me and i will have a look.
As for experience it doesn’t have to be health related, you can talk about people skills and how you use them in everyday settings! :smile:
Original post by Laurajones12
Hi Terri,
I’m a midwifery student currently at uwe, feel free to send it over to me and i will have a look.
As for experience it doesn’t have to be health related, you can talk about people skills and how you use them in everyday settings! :smile:

Hi Laura!

Thank you you so much, that is very kind of u! I have sent you a private message 😊 x
Original post by Somalistmw
Hello there 👋

Somaya Ali

Thank you so much,
What was the maths and English entrance test like?
How much did the test result influence your offer? Is it just a test to see how much you know or is it an actual entrance exam? I know every uni is probably different, I’m applying the Manchester, Salford and Hertfordshire. Where did you apply?
Original post by Real_jenn
who else got an interview for midwifery at Hertfordshire?

I have just applied to Hertfordshire. How was your interview? Did you do a maths & English test? How was that? x
Original post by Terri1990

Hi @Terri1990, I'm not sure if you're already sorted but we have a service at Staffordshire University where you can submit your personal statement and get feedback on it. Here's the link:
http://www.staffs.ac.uk/helping-hand/ Get in touch if we can help you at all :smile:, Harriet
First of all congratulations!! I just wanted to ask what type of questions did university of West London ask in the interview?? It's because I have an interview there in four days for midwifery
First of all congratulations!! I just wanted to ask what kind of questions did university of West London ask you in the interview. It's because I have an interview there in four days for midwifery.
Original post by Starlight15
I'm applying to a midwifery course starting September 2018, I made this thread so people who are doing midwifery next year can discuss

Predicted Grade/What I got:
Sociology: C/D
Health and Social Care: DM/DD

Date my UCAS application was sent: 13th January 2018

Universities I Applied to:

UPDATE (27th April 2018)

Greenwhich: Rejected
London South Bank: Rejected
Kingston University: Rejected
Middlesex University: Rejected
University of West London: CONDITIONAL OFFER!!!! (Minimum 120 UCAS points) Start date: 1st April 2019 (September 2018 places, are full unless there are places available then I would be moved to September 2018)

UPDATE (27th August 2018)
I got a place at the University of West London to do Midwifery and I'm starting on 15th April 2019 wooo! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending