The Student Room Group

Quizlet/ my results day experience.

Hey!

Got 10 A* with a 998 in Maths, English Lang and English Lit. (395 ums in biology lmao). BUT, I wasn't happy because I saw people getting upset around me. It was horrible when my friends cried, and I just wanted everyone to be happy. Nobody was. It was truly upsetting because it hurt to see other people not get their expected grades. So yeah, it was a rough day today. I hope everyone got what they wanted.

@Reality Check @CheeseIsVeg @04MR17 @_gcx @Michiyo
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quizlet
Hey!

Got 10 A* with a 998 in Maths, English Lang and English Lit. (395 ums in biology lmao) BUT, I wasn't happy because I saw people getting upset around me. It was horrible when my friends cried, and I just wanted everyone to be happy. Nobody was. It was truly upsettung because it hurt to see other people not get their expected grades. So yeah, it was a rough day today. I hope everyone got what they wanted.

Congratulations on such amazing results! :hugs:

It can't be nice to see other people upset over it all, but I hope you were proud of your own marks, at least?
Well done!!!
Original post by Quizlet
Hey!

Got 10 A* with a 998 in Maths, English Lang and English Lit. (395 ums in biology lmao). BUT, I wasn't happy because I saw people getting upset around me. It was horrible when my friends cried, and I just wanted everyone to be happy. Nobody was. It was truly upsetting because it hurt to see other people not get their expected grades. So yeah, it was a rough day today. I hope everyone got what they wanted.

Well done! I also got 10A*s.
Original post by Quizlet
Hey!

Well done! :jumphug: Knew you could do it! :hugs:
I know what you mean, here for you and wishing them all the best. It's so tough out there :cube:
Original post by JMR2017

:congrats: Well done that is terrific! :hugs:
Original post by JMR2017

@Quizlet
make sure both of you take some time out of the day to relax and celebrate :jumphug:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:congrats: Well done that is terrific! :hugs:

Thanks for the kind words!
Original post by JMR2017
Thanks for the kind words!

:jumphug: No problem!
Original post by Quizlet
Hey!

Ya it's kinda sad when u get epic grades yet ur friends don't. I can completely relate.
Original post by Quizlet
Hey!

Your results are so good! :shock:

Congratulations :lovehug:

Not everyone gets what they expected, but some do, and you are one of them. :console:
Original post by Quizlet
Hey!

:party2::party2::party2::party2::party::party::party::party::party:
Reply 12
Congrats. I was rarely friends with people who cared about grades so can't say I relate. They'd just be like "yeh got some Bs and Cs, 'sall good". Guess I like to find people quite different to me.
@Quizlet Well done! I'm so glad my results came on the intranet; it must have been horrible to see your friends like that. You deserve to be proud, though, your results were amazing and your work has paid off :hug:
Congrats!!!

Hows it been 7 years since I got mine though?? :frown:
Reply 15
I wasn't that happy when I opened it tbh, I mostly cared about if others got what they wanted.
Original post by Quizlet
Hey!

In fact, you are perfect. Trust someone as glorious as you to achieve such stellar marks but spend their time thinking about other people and how they might be feeling instead. Bloody well done. That's an outstanding result :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Reality Check
In fact, you are perfect. Trust someone as glorious as you to achieve such stellar marks but spend their time thinking about other people and how they might be feeling instead. Bloody well done. That's an outstanding result :smile:

That's so sweet :hugs:.

Are you proud that I got 395/400 in Biology? :colondollar:

no but seriously how is that possible :confused:
Original post by Quizlet
That's so sweet :hugs:.

Are you proud that I got 395/400 in Biology? :colondollar:

no but seriously how is that possible :confused:

Proud doesn't really cover it... :hugs:

I knew you were going to do outstandingly - the contributions here on SH were evidence enough that you'd entirely mastered the content and in many cases gone beyond it. But to get 98.8%... that really is an outstanding achievement. :smile:
Original post by Jack22031994
Congrats!!!

Hows it been 7 years since I got mine though?? :frown:

Was your GCSE maths exam in feet and inches?

(bloody cheek from me - I wrote mine in hieroglyphs...)

Latest