hello654321
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I know it would be a bit of a booster to show you can deal with workload and it shows enthusiasm, but I'm planning to show enthusiasm in different ways eg taking up those online courses that relate to the medical field (currently doing one on zika) etc.
Anyway, I'm planning to drop it because I want to solely focus on my A2. I want to ask if doing an EPQ will have a massive effect or not? I don't think so right?
rosie.mn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For medicine it's all about getting those grades. If EPQ is going to effect that, I wouldn't recommend it. I did it because it would be good for me to talk about at interview if I get one, and it will lower my offer from other universities, meaning I can have a good russell group university as my insurance choice. It's up to you really, but it won't be detrimental to your application
hello654321
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by rosie.mn)
For medicine it's all about getting those grades. If EPQ is going to effect that, I wouldn't recommend it. I did it because it would be good for me to talk about at interview if I get one, and it will lower my offer from other universities, meaning I can have a good russell group university as my insurance choice. It's up to you really, but it won't be detrimental to your application
Thanks for the advice. I want to focus on my grades so I think the sensible option would be to drop it.
onceuponamedic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied for Medicine this year and I did the EPQ. For me I think it was a waste of time and I could have better spent that time on my subjects, I've written a post about my experience of doing the EPQ that you might find useful to have a look at: masumahjannah.wordpress.com/should-i-do-the-epq
Louiserhodes91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They are telling my daughter she has to do the EPQ is that correct ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.58%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (76)
28.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed