LewisGeorge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have received my GCSE results today. I failed Maths and History. But what i was wondering is, i know i can re-take maths but can i retake more specific GCSEs like History. if so would you be able to explain and maybe link me a website.

Thanks All
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can retake maths and English in November but you will have to wait until summer 2018 to retake the others.

Good luck! :
LewisGeorge
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Learn Ranger)
You can retake maths and English in November but you will have to wait until summer 2018 to retake the others.

Good luck! :
thanks for the reply, you say summer 2018. Why what happens then?, can i retake the more specific subjects that require coursework?
The Learn Ranger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There will be a new set of exams for every GCSE subject so you will be able to repeat the subjects again.

On the non-examined assessment, I think you can keep your old mark or do it again. Please check with your school or college.

Let me know what you decide to do.
LewisGeorge
Rep:
?
There will be a new set of exams for every GCSE subject so you will be able to repeat the subjects again.

On the non-examined assessment, I think you can keep your old mark or do it again. Please check with your school or college.

Let me know what you decide to do.
what so can i retake the new GCSE alongside the new year 11s? could you explain further
The Learn Ranger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LewisGeorge)
what so can i retake the new GCSE alongside the new year 11s? could you explain further
So you've just finished year 11 I guess? What are you doing from September?

If you got a 3 in maths you'll definitely have to do this again.
LewisGeorge
Rep:
?
So you've just finished year 11 I guess? What are you doing from September?

If you got a 3 in maths you'll definitely have to do this again.
i have just finished year 11 and i am retaking maths at my nearest collage where i am also doing a media course. But what i was wondering mate is is there and opportunity for me to retake or do new gcses as i only have 2. Please if you have any ideas could you please tell me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (175)
44.19%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.86%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (84)
21.21%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.85%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.81%

Watched Threads