WJEC ICT - Anyone else completely confused with massive grade drop??

Watch
tsr1455
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The whole of my year group who did WJEC ICT has essentially failed due to losing 35-45 marks on coursework. Despite being told coursework was an A*, I got a D for it bringing my predicted grade of an A* to a C.
Anyone else who did WJEC ICT had any problems?
Afghan246
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same happens to me in geography ocr had c in my course work and I were very confident that I passed exams and ending up with an ENGLISH overall
lf5676
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i didn't do WJEC ICT, but my coursework (WJEC board) went from an A to a C and an A to a B in child development
Tormund
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your teacher was probably being too generous when giving marks and they decided to drop your marks after moderation maybe?
tsr1455
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Tormund)
Your teacher was probably being too generous when giving marks and they decided to drop your marks after moderation maybe?
Possibly however we're talking about 2 different teachers and literally everyone who did the coursework has lost 20-40 marks!?
Smoozo4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same happened to me with WJEC ICT. Was predicted B's, potentially A's in coursework however ended up getting a D and an E!
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Something similar happened to me last year when I did my ICT GCSE. Nobody got higher than a B, with most students getting Ds or below. This year the results increased, which leads me to believe that we were taught the course incorrectly.
efae2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I did Pearson ICT and was predicted A*s and then I got full marks on the exam but got an E in the coursework which dragged it down to a C overall
mayflowersummer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was told that even if i didnt sit the ict exam( with my a* in course work )i should have got a c, however ive just opened my results and am upset to say that it was dropped to a d . I think wjec shouldn't alter the grade boundarys that much as our school has over 300 students in the year group and only one person passed ( with a c) only just scraping through. I think its an outrage and should be looked at.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (86)
31.62%
Less motivated (186)
68.38%

Watched Threads