The Student Room Group

Can someone explain the system please?

Say If I studied ABC for my GCSE's and I wanted to do DEF for my A - Levels And then GHI for university, would I need to do the same subject in order to be able to be accepted, Also If I haven't studied film what so ever and wanted to go to film school would I get accepted?
Original post by TheCoolStool
Say If I studied ABC for my GCSE's and I wanted to do DEF for my A - Levels And then GHI for university, would I need to do the same subject in order to be able to be accepted, Also If I haven't studied film what so ever and wanted to go to film school would I get accepted?

It's possible I guess, but it really depends on the specifics. Look into entry requirements of things that you think you might want to do and go from there. That should give you an idea
Original post by TheCoolStool

It depends on the subject entry requirements for that course and that university. You can always use the UCAS Search Tool to check potential courses.

It might just be that UCAS doesn't have that information available, you have to always check on the university's website (there should be a link there)

Bear in mind that these are courses starting from September 2017 (make sure you're not looking at the clearing one) therefore things could change by the time you apply.

Edit: Have a look at this: https://digital.ucas.com/search They've now put up a search for 2018 entry.

Quick Reply

Latest