The Student Room Group

Why does everyone stare at me?

Everyone stares at me in a rude way. And I have no idea what I've done. People stare at me a lot. I thought maybe it's because I'm insecure but I can see with my own eyes people stare at me. I'm very awkward and it makes me very nervous when people do this. I don't stare at people but they stare at me. My face I feel like I look angry but I'm not. How do I stop this from happening? I'm not special at all in terms of looks.

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like a case of the resting ***** face, try smiling more :smile: or maybe they're just admiring you :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Sounds like a case of the resting ***** face, try smiling more :smile: or maybe they're just admiring you :wink:

Even when I smile.. it's like everyone hates me. They're most definitely not admiring and that's a fact lol
Reply 3
Today, everyone was just staring at me. I feel so ****.
because you're beautiful
Reply 5
Original post by guest123123
because you're beautiful

I'm not beautiful. I'm either alright or ugly. Sometimes, it's rude stares or just staring. Why?
Reply 6
I'm so insecure
Original post by Aishaaaa1
I'm not beautiful. I'm either alright or ugly. Sometimes, it's rude stares or just staring. Why?

Honestly, just keep your head up high. Don't allow these random people to have such an effect on you, keep an impassive face also. Don't allow these people to ruin your day, and dont allow yourself to notice these people- just focus on yourself and if you feel you are imagining this and are insecure, focus on self-love and being able to tell yourself you are beautiful. Don't let this ruin your day
Reply 8
Honestly, just keep your head up high. Don't allow these random people to have such an effect on you, keep an impassive face also. Don't allow these people to ruin your day, and dont allow yourself to notice these people- just focus on yourself and if you feel you are imagining this and are insecure, focus on self-love and being able to tell yourself you are beautiful. Don't let this ruin your day

You've made me feel better so fast, thank you. I guess I just wanted to talk to someone because I feeling quite alone so I have too much time to over think.
Reply 9
Because they're either jealous or admire that you're beautiful :h:
Reply 10
Original post by Ftxxj
Because they're either jealous or admire that you're beautiful :h:

Thank you but I'm not. I'm not one of those people who say they're not and actually look better than decent. I'm seriously not. I dress normal or trash but nothing that deserves such stares!
I'm so insecure

You need to learn to stop caring what other people think of you. Nobody is perfect but everyone is beautiful in their own way. I just put my head down and walk. Chances are you will never meet these people again so who cares what they think of you? They'll forget you within 5 minutes anyway. How many faces are they gonna remember?
You've made me feel better so fast, thank you. I guess I just wanted to talk to someone because I feeling quite alone so I have too much time to over think.

Darling, it's fine!!! I'd hate for you to feel alone- or let people get you down so much- don't allow these people to have such an effect on you to where you question your self-worth!! I don't mind talking to you either- if you'd like that- I would really hate for you to feel alone.
Reply 13
Original post by qasim_96
You need to learn to stop caring what other people think of you. Nobody is perfect but everyone is beautiful in their own way. I just put my head down and walk. Chances are you will never meet these people again so who cares what they think of you? They'll forget you within 5 minutes anyway. How many faces are they gonna remember?

People like to say "stop caring what people think" and in some ways, I don't care but sometimes I do and it's nothing that I can't change. If I look down, I've noticed people stare even more so I look at them before they do any staring then they don't. In the train and restaurants.. everywhere. Can't even be comfortable anywhere
Reply 14
Honestly you are beautiful your soul is beautiful who cares what these hoes and *****es think they're probably just looking cause they're scared you might snatch their man lool or they're probably looking thinking damn she's so pretty I wanna look like her, but if people wanna stare let them stare. And if guys are looking at you then oooo get it gurl
Reply 15
Darling, it's fine!!! I'd hate for you to feel alone- or let people get you down so much- don't allow these people to have such an effect on you to where you question your self-worth!! I don't mind talking to you either- if you'd like that- I would really hate for you to feel alone.

I guess the bullying from family members and from school, got to me.
Try looking back at them. Be interesting to see if they look away or carry on staring at you.
People like to say "stop caring what people think" and in some ways, I don't care but sometimes I do and it's nothing that I can't change. If I look down, I've noticed people stare even more so I look at them before they do any staring then they don't. In the train and restaurants.. everywhere. Can't even be comfortable anywhere

I often get some weird looks from people because of how I look but I've learnt to grow a thick skin and not give a damn. I used to care about what people thought of me. Not anymore. I just don't pay attention to these people anymore. You wanna stare? Go ahead. It's the only time you're ever gonna see me anyway, sometimes if I catch someone string at me I literally give them the death stare. Other than that, I really don't care. Yes, I look like an ugly gorilla. Glad it catches people's attention.
If I think someone is giving me a rude stare, you bet your ass I am giving them one back. Tbh, I should be smiling back at them as the wise Mahatma Gandhi once preached, but the times are changing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Ftxxj
Honestly you are beautiful your soul is beautiful who cares what these hoes and *****es think they're probably just looking cause they're scared you might snatch their man lool or they're probably looking thinking damn she's so pretty I wanna look like her, but if people wanna stare let them stare. And if guys are looking at you then oooo get it gurl

I have ugly acne, I'm fat, my teeth is bad and I dress like trash. I'm pretty sure no one is jealous of me or crushing on me. I care too much nowadays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending