tsr765
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I want to study medicine after college and I'm just wondering if my GCSE grades are good enough.

Maths - 8
Eng Lit - 5
Eng Lang - 5
Biology (triple) - A
Psychics (triple) - A
Chemistry (triple) - A
History - B
IT - B

If they are okay. What are the chances of me doing good at A-Level and being able to go into medicine. Also, feel welcome to pick out flaws in my results which could hinder my chances.
C_Yap
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tsr765)
I want to study medicine after college and I'm just wondering if my GCSE grades are good enough.

Maths - 8
Eng Lit - 5
Eng Lang - 5
Biology (triple) - A
Psychics (triple) - A
Chemistry (triple) - A
History - B
IT - B

If they are okay. What are the chances of me doing good at A-Level and being able to go into medicine. Also, feel welcome to pick out flaws in my results which could hinder my chances.
Your grades are below the ones achieved by an average medical applicant at top universities. They are good enough, but you need to try as hard as you can to score top grades next year to ensure to meet the benchmark AAA prediction that medical schools require. Universities place strong emphasis on super-curricular activities that demonstrate interest in medicine, such as: work-experience, shadowing, volunteering etc.

However work experience placements are rather competitive, so I'd recommend looking for these opportunities from the start of Y12. Furthermore, a lot of people decide not wanting to do medicine (like me) in the year, so it's important you do some research as to what being doctor is really like.

And I'm assuming that you are doing A levels like Maths, Biology and Chemistry?

I've seen people go from A grades in those subjects to achieving A in AS level, so it's certainly possible to do well!
AmnaS4387
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your grades were amazing. Triple A in science. The above commenter is just another TSR snob ^
Coby1119
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
These grades are good other than Eng lit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (299)
84.23%
No (56)
15.77%

Watched Threads