The Student Room Group

Meming to Oxbridge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AryanGh
Update to the update, about half way through I procrastinated and looked back on our national history:
[video="youtube;X7Av1Xv_4ko"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Av1Xv_4ko[/video]
i'll get back to work now

:rofl:

Good luck! With hard work you can achieve anything :smile:
Original post by AryanGh
Tagging those whom I think are cool on TSR:
@Michiyo @Sonechka @elforjg02 some other people whom I'll add later

eyyy good luck all the best !
Today's Objective:
Start flicking through the spec and textbooks for Chem and Physics, to acquaint myself with the course.

More Maths,

More programming!
WEEKLY UPDATE:
TOP 10 ANIME BETRAYALS BOIS

I have dropped Computer Science.

I am instead doing Further Maths, with the intention of taking FM, Maths and Physics to A2.

k bye.
Original post by AryanGh
WEEKLY UPDATE:
TOP 10 ANIME BETRAYALS BOIS

I have dropped Computer Science.

I am instead doing Further Maths, with the intention of taking FM, Maths and Physics to A2.

k bye.

Good choices, so you doing chemistry in year 12 too? You might well find that you like it more than physics it depends on your teachers really. Also yeah make sure to keep up recreational programming alongside your a-levels.
Original post by black1blade
Good choices, so you doing chemistry in year 12 too? You might well find that you like it more than physics it depends on your teachers really. Also yeah make sure to keep up recreational programming alongside your a-levels.

I felt that FM would give me more of a boost, especially if I'm applying somewhere like Cambridge, the GCSEs will hold up, but the A Levels are the main carry.

Additionally, it would've been easier to self study CompSci, than to self study FM.

I just really like both Sciences lol.
I'm going into Year 12 this year too. You've clearly got a great attitude so I hope you achieve your goals. Good luck with A-Levels!
Reply 47
Original post by AryanGh
Хорошо! Раньше я жил в Якутске..

How is it even possible to live that far up north?
Original post by Eulogy
How is it even possible to live that far up north?

Ask my grandma
Original post by AryanGh
Tagging those whom I think are cool on TSR:
@Michiyo @Sonechka @elforjg02 some other people whom I'll add later

chera mano tag nakardi beshoor :frown:
Ayy you're doing Maths too :biggrin: I'm on AQA though :frown:

Good luck! I will be watching this! :h:
Original post by CoffeeGeek
Ayy you're doing Maths too :biggrin: I'm on AQA though :frown:

Good luck! I will be watching this! :h:

Ah! Mathematics, I hear AQA is one of the more tougher boards!
Some update from some day known as Sunday, the 3rd of September, in the glorious year of 2017

lol jk just 3/09/17 lol gotem

Update
I'm in a small little hostage scenario, that I am ironing out. Now before you go and PayPal me some ransom money, do not fret! It is academically hostage.

Here's my situation boyos and...girl-os?:

You heard me saying I'm dropping CompSci for FM, thinking that I was up to the challenge, whilst that is still my primary intention at this moment in time. It appears the CompSci department are exhausting all options to try and keep me on the course and prevent me from dropping.

Why?

Well that is because the minimum amount of people to run the class was set by the Heads, was 8, 2 people failed to make the grade, but they were ok with 6, one other person dropped out, and with my intention of dropping out being registered, that is cut down to 4, meaning, the CompSci A Level class may shut down.

In essence, because I am stupid, and also because of ambition, I'm, as eloquently as I can put it, f***ing over the remaining 4 in the class if I drop (however 5 A Levels is less than ideal). The Heads of department keep trying to delay this decision but I fully intend on doing it, however in a sense I do feel morally afflicted!

In other news i bought some clothes for sixth form lol

and finished my Maths homework!

Now for some Japanese, some Gaming, and then some Bed, school is coming up soon!

Tag (I generated a small list of tags based on outreach and assumption, this will get bigger soon, if you do not want to be tagged in further posts, please say so! if you're following and want to be tagged, please also say so!)

Spoiler

Original post by AryanGh
x

Ugh, that's annoying. I think you should still go with further maths. It sucks for the other kids taking computer science but you have to think about what's best for you.
Original post by AryanGh
Some update from some day known as Sunday, the 3rd of September, in the glorious year of 2017

Update
I'm in a small little hostage scenario, that I am ironing out. Now before you go and PayPal me some ransom money, do not fret! It is academically hostage.

You heard me saying I'm dropping CompSci for FM, thinking that I was up to the challenge, whilst that is still my primary intention at this moment in time. It appears the CompSci department are exhausting all options to try and keep me on the course and prevent me from dropping.

Why?

Well that is because the minimum amount of people to run the class was set by the Heads, was 8, 2 people failed to make the grade, but they were ok with 6, one other person dropped out, and with my intention of dropping out being registered, that is cut down to 4, meaning, the CompSci A Level class may shut down.

In essence, because I am stupid, and also because of ambition, I'm, as eloquently as I can put it, f***ing over the remaining 4 in the class if I drop (however 5 A Levels is less than ideal). The Heads of department keep trying to delay this decision but I fully intend on doing it, however in a sense I do feel morally afflicted!

Now for some Japanese, some Gaming, and then some Bed, school is coming up soon!

Tag (I generated a small list of tags based on outreach and assumption, this will get bigger soon, if you do not want to be tagged in further posts, please say so! if you're following and want to be tagged, please also say so!)

Spoiler

Ooh, that's difficult :frown:

Don't feel obliged to do CS if you don't want to; they are your A-levels, at the end of the day. Maybe start out with 5 A-levels and see what happens? I'm also going to be doing 5, with further maths as one, and I know a few people who have pulled it off.
Original post by AryanGh
x

Thanks for the tag! By all means go for further maths if that's what you prefer :biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by AryanGh
Now before you go and PayPal me some ransom money,

Hah. I've got £3 in my wallet and I'm saving that for chicken and chips.
Original post by Eulogy
Hah. I've got £3 in my wallet and I'm saving that for chicken and chips.

*Cries in Binary*
Original post by AryanGh

Update

Why?

Spoiler

Please by all means do continue to tag me, your stories are interesting!
Hey can I join this tag list,I would like to follow
I am also starting y12 this year
I am doing :
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
FM
but all AQA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending