The Student Room Group

Which GCSE result are you most proud of?

Congratulations to everyone who received results today! I hope you're all super proud of what you have achieved :smile:

What result are you most proud of though? Whether you did better than expected, or if you worked so hard and your grade shows that! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got a grade 9 in English lang !! :smile: really happy haha. But I think as long as people tried their best then should be very proud of themselves :biggrin:
I got a 5 in maths, and even though it was my lowest grade I worked really hard to get it! So glad that I never have to solve another quadratic equation again!
Original post by ceri49
I got a grade 9 in English lang !! :smile: really happy haha. But I think as long as people tried their best then should be very proud of themselves :biggrin:

Wow well done you! :biggrin: so true :h:
Original post by crocodile_ears
I got a 5 in maths, and even though it was my lowest grade I worked really hard to get it! So glad that I never have to solve another quadratic equation again!

Congratulations that's such a great achievement! Sometimes it isn't our best grade that we're most proud of and I love that. You must be so happy :biggrin: I was glad to say goodbye to maths at the time :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by crocodile_ears

Maths was so difficult! Yay! Well done! No more maths haha :smile:
History and English Lit and Chemistry! I got 98 ums in one history paper when I got a C in mocks. Genuinely convinced I had failed Lit only to get an 8 and, chemistry, I got a low C in mocks and an A* in the real Gcse :smile:
I got an A* in Art, Biology and Chemistry and I worked my butt off for those three A*s however I am also happy with the C I got in my French as the exams this year were hell.

I got 4A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C and want to study veterinary medicine.
Reply 7
9 in English lit. I've been working the whole year through to try and improve my grade from a 4 in year 10, to a 7 in the final mocks. It's definitely the grade I worked hardest on to improve so having it be so high is just amazing.
I got an unexpected A* in History. I legit went in there, knowing and accepting the fact that I didn't know anything properly. Turns out I got full UMS on one of the topics 😂
English lit. I got a 8 and was totally not expecting it, I thought I would get max. a 6
English Language and RS A*! I was most surprised about Language English because I'd never got an A* before
So I go to a grammar school and I was put in a lower set for maths for the last two years. Because of this, people in the top sets would make fun. Anyway, I worked really hard at maths and to my complete shock, I got a grade 9 beating many of the people in the top set. This really surprised me as I got a grade 6 in the mocks and thought I would have to negotiate my way back into the sixth-form.
(edited 6 years ago)
I went from getting a D in Physics to a solid A*

I went from scraping an A in History to getting 99% on the exam.

So, those two :biggrin:
Computer science(B) and biology(A) I thought with both I'd barely scrape a C after the exams.. probably overestimated how much a messed up 6 mark question or two can mess up your results and that scraping a C that's only worth 40% of the GCSE is fine when you get 60% A. So yeah, nice surprise when I finally got my results :biggrin:
English Lit 9 :smile:
Reply 15
Maths as I got a 7 when i was predicted a 4/5 and also geography as I was 1 UMS point off of an A*, so im quite annoyed but having a remark but I got full marks on the coursework tho
Original post by Changing Skies
Congratulations to everyone who received results today! I hope you're all super proud of what you have achieved :smile:

What result are you most proud of though? Whether you did better than expected, or if you worked so hard and your grade shows that! :smile:

I was predicted a B in RS but walked out with an A* in both papers- which is shocking because the grade boundaries are ridiculously high.
Reply 17
got a grade 9 in english lit but i'm more proud about my 7 in maths because i put so much more effort into maths revision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 18
Geography wasn't my best result by any means, but I got a B by 1 UMS point after getting an E on my Coursework due to staff problems. One of the most relieving moments of my School Career.
Mine are from last year but I got an A* in maths after I got a D in my mock and worked so hard!!!

Quick Reply

Latest