Are these grades decent enough for medicine

Watch
This discussion is closed.
arielynjoan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I got my results today and I was wondering if they were good enough for medicine or just average.

Chemistry: A*
Biology: A*
Physics: A*
English Language:9 (A**)
English Lit: 8 (A*)
History: A
RS: A
ICT: A
French: A
Maths: A
arielynjoan
Rep:
?
bump
erxci
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You done really, really well. They should be perfect.
T134O2L5E6
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not being funny but this is just ridiculous. How the hell could top level grades NOT be good enough for medicine? If you have the intelligence to get these grades then you have the intelligence to know that they are good enough.
arielynjoan
Rep:
?
(Original post by erxci)
You done really, really well. They should be perfect.
Thank you so much x
arielynjoan
Rep:
?
(Original post by T134O2L5E6)
I'm not being funny but this is just ridiculous. How the hell could top level grades NOT be good enough for medicine? If you have the intelligence to get these grades then you have the intelligence to know that they are good enough.
Obviously these are good results and I'm not denying that but a lot of medicine students have better gcses with more A*s so I was wondering if I would be at a disadvantage.
username334839
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep they are absolutely fine
Deliciate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Obviously really fantastic grades! I'm also planning to pursue a career in medicine. Securing fantastic GCSE grades are just the first step, now you have to do the same thing for A-Levels, UKCAT/BMAT and lots of work experience. Which A-Level subjects did you choose?
T134O2L5E6
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by arielynjoan)
Obviously these are good results and I'm not denying that but a lot of medicine students have better gcses with more A*s so I was wondering if I would be at a disadvantage.
But they are just pretentious a**holes
arielynjoan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deliciate)
Obviously really fantastic grades! I'm also planning to pursue a career in medicine. Securing fantastic GCSE grades are just the first step, now you have to do the same thing for A-Levels, UKCAT/BMAT and lots of work experience. Which A-Level subjects did you choose?
Are you studying medicine too? x and I am doing Chemistry, Biology, French and English Language. I've heard horror stories about chem tho, lol.
Movementmoments
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=GC...s+for+medicine

http://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=At...eking+helpline
arielynjoan
Rep:
?
bump
Ediesedgewick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you studying medicine too? x and I am doing Chemistry, Biology, French and English Language. I've heard horror stories about chem tho, lol.
Chem is easy, you'll be fine
arielynjoan
Rep:
?
Bump
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
Bump
I fail to see why you're bumping - you've got lots of good replies already.
jungshook
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got
English Language; 7
English Literature; 8
Maths; 5
RE; A
Food Tech; A
Science A; B
Additional Science; B
History; B
Art; C
Further Additional; D (This really let me down);
I should've worked harder ..:/ I'm so scared.. I really want to get into medicine
Dizgurl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got almost the same results as you, with the A* being in Maths rather than chemistry and an A* in stats (6A* 6A), and am planning to do Medicine.

You have done amazingly well, and definitely enough for medicine. Just don't apply to Oxford as they like high proportions of A*'s.
arielynjoan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dizgurl)
I got almost the same results as you, with the A* being in Maths rather than chemistry and an A* in stats (6A* 6A), and am planning to do Medicine.

You have done amazingly well, and definitely enough for medicine. Just don't apply to Oxford as they like high proportions of A*'s.
I'm one mark off an A* for maths so I'll probs get ir remarked, and well done to you too! Nice to see we're in the same boat x
Dizgurl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm one mark off an A* for maths so I'll probs get ir remarked, and well done to you too! Nice to see we're in the same boat x
You know what, I'm 1 off an A* for chemistry and am getting that remarked too.
Good luck for A levels x
princesscharli3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So TikTok was right about the toxic ‘am I good enough for medicine?’ threads…..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.32%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.32%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.58%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
18.92%

Watched Threads