This discussion is closed.
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Fly By)
dont hang out with her
that a bit harsh isn't it, she is a really good friend, but she don't look forward to uni :confused:
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
:eek:
hiya 411
Saf!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shushimeng)
there is no such thing as 'no work', they are millions thing to learn, before i used to read lot, reading news online, talking about universe with 'students' etc and now i am 50% playing about 40% on ukl 5% part time job and the rest for studying
hmmmm....you have a problem........maybe limit yourself from seeing her...... that's probably a stupid suggestion
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol i was on holiday, and i think fly by is around but just didn't see online very often
oooo.....where did you go??
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
that a bit harsh isn't it, she is a really good friend, but she don't look forward to uni :confused:
are you goin to uni??
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol i was on holiday, and i think fly by is around but just didn't see online very often
i went to scotland! dont really wanna be back to carry on with my mundane life.
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
are you goin to uni??
working towards uni next year as i will be finishing my A2
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
working towards uni next year as i will be finishing my A2
ahh oh yeah, do you know where and what?
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
oooo.....where did you go??
china haven't seen u around alot
i don't hang around in general chat as much as i used to, so maybe that's why u didn't see me
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i went to scotland! dont really wanna be back to carry on with my mundane life.
aw!...too bad!......you have to!
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ahh oh yeah, do you know where and what?
i'd like to go Oxbridge but don't know if i am gonna get AAAA in A2 *fingers cross*
lotus_lee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
I think hanging around the wrong people affected my GCSE results ive leant my lesson and in a-levels i wont make the same mistake twice. I did though pull -through on the second year of my GCSE course acheiving top 3 in the School for my year but if i had a better start i would be looking at number 1. But dont dwell in the past its onwards and upwards.

Would you say you were influenced by your group of friends in a good or bad way? Would you have changed it?
It's good to hear you are back on track. When I started college, I expected my younger brother to do well in his Year 11 with his GCSEs and, at least pass them all. However, loads of stuff happened that year. He started hanging around with a couple of mates I know, who are my age and they would start going out often. I think he and his best friend got into a fight at school once and called the boys but was let off by the police. He also ran away from home for a few weeks and the police found him with his best mate and his girlfriend living in a squatter. In the end, he only passed 4 GCSEs and went to some crappy college to study something about car mechanics or something. He then once wanted to do hairdressing after being influenced by a mate to do it but has now decided to begin his second year on the mechanics course instead.

So I would say, hanging around with the wrong crowd can affect your education and stuff. They weren't bad guys he hung around with and weren't like a gang or anything. They just liked to hang around often together and go out and stuff. Thank God I never hung around with them when I was at secondary school with them from Years 7-9.
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
china haven't seen u around alot
i don't hang around in general chat as much as i used to, so maybe that's why u didn't see me
it's my mum!......she thnks i'm just playing games on the internet.......she called me down 10 minutes ago and i still haven't gone!
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
hmmmm....you have a problem........maybe limit yourself from seeing her...... that's probably a stupid suggestion
but i really like to be with her, it's fun
i am making a choice of friends and future here :eek:
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
aw!...too bad!......you have to!
yeah i know...

still feel like i'm on a boat in me head..
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
it's my mum!......she thnks i'm just playing games on the internet.......she called me down 10 minutes ago and i still haven't gone!
LOL my mum think ukl is a chatroom (well it is)
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'd like to go Oxbridge but don't know if i am gonna get AAAA in A2 *fingers cross*
ahh i see, well good luck.
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ahh i see, well good luck.
so sup fly by?
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so sup fly by?
nothing shushi, you>?
bob t builder
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Personally i would still keep her as a close friend but work is more important at the time so when you got work to do just tell her that you can't hang out with her because you got work to do! Also only keep your relations with her outside of class. I gave this advice to my friend and it may feel weird but it works perfectly :eek:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (71)
75.53%
No (23)
24.47%

Watched Threads