The Student Room Group

An answer to "Prove that God does not exist"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ftxxj
God is real and he's watching over you right now and now you won't realise it but soon you will and it will be too late.

Fear my friend. Fear is what is keeping you religious. Wake up.
Reply 81
Original post by Mr.Bazaar
Fear my friend. Fear is what is keeping you religious. Wake up.

You should fear God because he has the power he is almighty and you need to wake up cause there are many signs and revelation that God is there
Original post by Ftxxj
You should fear God because he has the power he is almighty and you need to wake up cause there are many signs and revelation that God is there

Point me to evidence. I fear no God, I lead a moral life. I love my parents, I care for the sick, I protect the frail, I study hard, I love my friends, I love my partner. If thats not enough then so be it if i deserve eternal flame.
Reply 83
Point me to evidence. I fear no God, I lead a moral life. I love my parents, I care for the sick, I protect the frail, I study hard, I love my friends, I love my partner. If thats not enough then so be it if i deserve eternal flame.

That's all good but that's not enough as God is giving you the ability to do those things you can't do it without your body and your soul God is keeping your body in good health for you to do those things because he cares about you so to show appreciation you need to show it to God. He can also change scenarios very quickly too so in your darkest times he expect you to call for him because without him your nothing everything is in his hands.
Original post by Ftxxj
That's all good but that's not enough as God is giving you the ability to do those things you can't do it without your body and your soul God is keeping your body in good health for you to do those things because he cares about you so to show appreciation you need to show it to God. He can also change scenarios very quickly too so in your darkest times he expect you to call for him because without him your nothing everything is in his hands.

That is such a pessimistic and horrible view of life. I am 'nothing' without him, wow.

You speak as if you have met your God and know him personally.:colonhash:

I am nothing without my parents too, yet I do not worship them? Why should I? Does God crave my gratification? If he exists, which is highly improbably, I show him my gratification through love of humanity and all life. Not through rehearsing terrible songs at dusty old buildings and praying.
Thread says an answer not the answer. You swearing goes against your bible , so you just sinned. Oh and theology is as the name suggest theory. Complete nonsense.

My bible? Huh. One day I might get somebody that actually makes a correct assumption about my personal life in this subsection but today is not that day. Irregardless I don't think swearing specifically has any either biblical or Quranic verse condemning it, aside from things that directly take the lord's name in vain. Somebody who's actually read it all properly might correct me there I suppose

Equating theory with nonsense is a dangerous game. I'm pretty sure scientific theory isn't nonsense but is instead inferring the best possible explanations from your observations in experiments and such like. You'll have to effectively come up with a good reason as to why none-literal interpretations aren't valid, in order to disprove the hypothesis. That's how disregarding theories normally works, right?

Also "an answer" to something tends to directly address the question at hand. "The answer" would be one that does it correctly, which you can't really have for a subject like this because religion in general is 99% discussions about stuff you can't actually see or perceive in any way, so you can't actually prove or disprove much, if anything. Your post in itself was neither here nor there though, it addresses perceived problems with scriptures when the question is about proving the existence of God as a concept. That part can be entirely detached from any scripture altogether, as it's a question that doesn't make any assumptions about scriptures or God's nature at all. It's like somebody's asked you "why's my cat walking funny?" and you've gone "Cats have really weird looking arses". Slightly related to the matter at hand, but addressing something that isn't the question.
Original post by thekidwhogames
I am personally agnostic but what really annoys me:

1) Most theists only adopt a religion due to fear of hell/death - not because they "love" God.
2) Theists say life is a test - if God is omniscient and thus knows the future - does he not know the answer of the test? Rendering this whole argument completely stupid.
3) Christianity and Islam are both heavily flawed and relatively violent and ungodly to have been "the word of God". Most theists completely conflict their religion (irrelevant point but still worth making).
4) Religion is weapon to control the masses - also due to man's ignorance of the world. Years ago, Christians argued that God has sent the plague to kill sinners but obviously science says otherwise (which is proven). Not to mention false science in those books e.g. embryology in Islam is wrong.
5) Explain suffering; inconsistent triad argues otherwise. Explain disabled people - they didn't commit a sin yet still suffer.
6) If God wants us to accept him - this proves he's not perfect as perfection requires no desire/need (our definition and the Bible's) hence he is not perfect and is not God to have such desires. Also, if he wants us to believe him - why hide away?
7) Heaven/hell should be based on one's treatment towards others - not religion. In fact religions promote knowledge hence God should expect us to require evidence and thus understand us and not base our eternal (reward/punishment) on this. On top of this, there are many primitive clans living in forests who have never heard of any religions - do they go to hell? Not their fault they haven't seen religion.
8) Whole idea of hell is stupid for an all-loving God. No baptism = burning forever?
9) God of Old Testament was narcissistic and a bully, toying with people for his amusement ordering genocides which kills innocent children/women en masse and demanding the death of those who work on the Sabbath. Nice "loving God".
10) Jesus didn't return during his followers' lifetimes as he promised. Also, his miracles cannot be proven.

Answer this and I may be convinced. Otherwise, everyone stick to your own opinion and don't judge others for theirs.

before i answer these I have something to say.. hmm, read the bible, you will be amazed. I mean throughly. But anyway, yes everyone wonders why does there have to be a meaning.. If i didn't believe in God i would think what is the point of life, not try hard in anything and just give up.
Besides all that, you want 'facts not feelings'. It's definitely not what I feel but what I know. Sometimes I think it sounds fairy-tail ish but then God does something amazing for me and I wake up. Let's forget all this "religious" stuff you see on media/everything else, cause that's essentially what everyone gets their ideas about 'religion' from. I have seen miracles, I have seen God completely change the lives of people around me, from my mum being a person who didn't speak EVER, like ever, and from being completely suicidal to one of the most confident and content people i've ever seen after her incredible encounter with God. From my little sister being born 'disabled' being told she was going to be on oxygen and millions of medication from DOCTORS who said this is FACT, to her walking around my house perfectly healthy. from a girl at church being born with crippled legs but during service when she was brought to the front and prayed for she moved her legs for the FIRST TIME EVER. people need to know Christ. and no i'm not a "jesus freak". I recently came to know Christ, pls don't be blinded with this "religion" facade..
anywayyyyyyyyyy

1) not true, if you know people like that then fair enough. But yh i guess i notice some just come to church religiously n go home to live life as if they were atheists, but probably go out of fear. But most i know love God with all their heart. but note that this is after they KNOW God, probs after reading the bible thoroughly. You have to read it or you won't know God, you can't love someone you don't know.
2) life isn't a test. but everybody on this earth will go through many trials. This is difficult to explain but for me I will put my complete trust in God knowing He will pull me right out of it, we aren't meant to suffer. But these trials grow our faith, i'm not saying He purposely puts us in these situations. but.. i'm not explaining this well i'm gonna move on
3) you say this but i bet you've not read the bible. i'm gonna put aside islam as i don't know anything about it but when I recently read the bible i realised how completely wrong that statement is. it's not violent or contradictive.
4) don't listen to them. i've heard christians say so many bizarre things i'm just like no, please point to anywhere in the bible that says **** like that. people aren't perfect, they like to put their own twist on things, God wouldn't send a "plague" that would kill hundreds of people, contrary to what ppl believe , he's loving, compassionate... not an angry God
5)the devil, it is not a facade. seriously. it sounds crazy cause of all the catoonising n **** but serouslyyyy, how do ppl not know this. sounds crazy but true
6) he hides away so we can choose ourself if we want to follow him. In him is an amazing life, he wouldn't love us if he forced us, which he probably could have done. but he loves us too much

i'll carry on later i need to sleep
Original post by asdfaeth
before i answer these I have something to say.. hmm, read the bible, you will be amazed. I mean throughly. But anyway, yes everyone wonders why does there have to be a meaning.. If i didn't believe in God i would think what is the point of life, not try hard in anything and just give up.
Besides all that, you want 'facts not feelings'. It's definitely not what I feel but what I know. Sometimes I think it sounds fairy-tail ish but then God does something amazing for me and I wake up. Let's forget all this "religious" stuff you see on media/everything else, cause that's essentially what everyone gets their ideas about 'religion' from. I have seen miracles, I have seen God completely change the lives of people around me, from my mum being a person who didn't speak EVER, like ever, and from being completely suicidal to one of the most confident and content people i've ever seen after her incredible encounter with God. From my little sister being born 'disabled' being told she was going to be on oxygen and millions of medication from DOCTORS who said this is FACT, to her walking around my house perfectly healthy. from a girl at church being born with crippled legs but during service when she was brought to the front and prayed for she moved her legs for the FIRST TIME EVER. people need to know Christ. and no i'm not a "jesus freak". I recently came to know Christ, pls don't be blinded with this "religion" facade..
anywayyyyyyyyyy

1) not true, if you know people like that then fair enough. But yh i guess i notice some just come to church religiously n go home to live life as if they were atheists, but probably go out of fear. But most i know love God with all their heart. but note that this is after they KNOW God, probs after reading the bible thoroughly. You have to read it or you won't know God, you can't love someone you don't know.
2) life isn't a test. but everybody on this earth will go through many trials. This is difficult to explain but for me I will put my complete trust in God knowing He will pull me right out of it, we aren't meant to suffer. But these trials grow our faith, i'm not saying He purposely puts us in these situations. but.. i'm not explaining this well i'm gonna move on
3) you say this but i bet you've not read the bible. i'm gonna put aside islam as i don't know anything about it but when I recently read the bible i realised how completely wrong that statement is. it's not violent or contradictive.
4) don't listen to them. i've heard christians say so many bizarre things i'm just like no, please point to anywhere in the bible that says **** like that. people aren't perfect, they like to put their own twist on things, God wouldn't send a "plague" that would kill hundreds of people, contrary to what ppl believe , he's loving, compassionate... not an angry God
5)the devil, it is not a facade. seriously. it sounds crazy cause of all the catoonising n **** but serouslyyyy, how do ppl not know this. sounds crazy but true
6) he hides away so we can choose ourself if we want to follow him. In him is an amazing life, he wouldn't love us if he forced us, which he probably could have done. but he loves us too much

3) sounds rude it's not meant to be
Original post by asdfaeth
anywayyyyyyyyyy

Sorry, I respect your opinion but you haven't given me a single proper answer. He hides away so we can choose for our self? Sorry, what? I already said this makes no test as he knows the future.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
My bible? Huh. One day I might get somebody that actually makes a correct assumption about my personal life in this subsection but today is not that day. Irregardless I don't think swearing specifically has any either biblical or Quranic verse condemning it, aside from things that directly take the lord's name in vain. Somebody who's actually read it all properly might correct me there I suppose

Equating theory with nonsense is a dangerous game. I'm pretty sure scientific theory isn't nonsense but is instead inferring the best possible explanations from your observations in experiments and such like. You'll have to effectively come up with a good reason as to why none-literal interpretations aren't valid, in order to disprove the hypothesis. That's how disregarding theories normally works, right?

Also "an answer" to something tends to directly address the question at hand. "The answer" would be one that does it correctly, which you can't really have for a subject like this because religion in general is 99% discussions about stuff you can't actually see or perceive in any way, so you can't actually prove or disprove much, if anything. Your post in itself was neither here nor there though, it addresses perceived problems with scriptures when the question is about proving the existence of God as a concept. That part can be entirely detached from any scripture altogether, as it's a question that doesn't make any assumptions about scriptures or God's nature at all. It's like somebody's asked you "why's my cat walking funny?" and you've gone "Cats have really weird looking arses". Slightly related to the matter at hand, but addressing something that isn't the question.

Scientific theory has evidence behind it religion does not.

100% things that cannot be perceived since no religion. My title was bait to trigger religious people and get a discussion going:smile:

Unicorns have as much reason as God to exist.
Original post by thekidwhogames
I am personally agnostic but what really annoys me:

1) Most theists only adopt a religion due to fear of hell/death - not because they "love" God.
2) Theists say life is a test - if God is omniscient and thus knows the future - does he not know the answer of the test? Rendering this whole argument completely stupid.
3) Christianity and Islam are both heavily flawed and relatively violent and ungodly to have been "the word of God". Most theists completely conflict their religion (irrelevant point but still worth making).
4) Religion is weapon to control the masses - also due to man's ignorance of the world. Years ago, Christians argued that God has sent the plague to kill sinners but obviously science says otherwise (which is proven). Not to mention false science in those books e.g. embryology in Islam is wrong.
5) Explain suffering; inconsistent triad argues otherwise. Explain disabled people - they didn't commit a sin yet still suffer.
6) If God wants us to accept him - this proves he's not perfect as perfection requires no desire/need (our definition and the Bible's) hence he is not perfect and is not God to have such desires. Also, if he wants us to believe him - why hide away?
7) Heaven/hell should be based on one's treatment towards others - not religion. In fact religions promote knowledge hence God should expect us to require evidence and thus understand us and not base our eternal (reward/punishment) on this. On top of this, there are many primitive clans living in forests who have never heard of any religions - do they go to hell? Not their fault they haven't seen religion.
8) Whole idea of hell is stupid for an all-loving God. No baptism = burning forever?
9) God of Old Testament was narcissistic and a bully, toying with people for his amusement ordering genocides which kills innocent children/women en masse and demanding the death of those who work on the Sabbath. Nice "loving God".
10) Jesus didn't return during his followers' lifetimes as he promised. Also, his miracles cannot be proven.

Answer this and I may be convinced. Otherwise, everyone stick to your own opinion and don't judge others for theirs.

Woaaahhh let's go boys

1) Well, nah. There's also force of habit through indoctrination by parents (If you believe threads on here, Islam in particular seems very hard to leave once you're in the club). But there are genuinely people who have some form of weird conversion experience or research into whatever religious text and genuinely go "oh boi this is lit". I know a girl that reckons she "felt god in her" while she was in a church once. Not sure how exactly she got from that simple point to deciding Catholicism is the one true religion but I've been too polite to want to ask that so far...

2) I've heard an argument that says something along the lines of omniscience only being knowledge of what's logically possible, and it's apparently not logically possible to know of events that haven't happened yet. Can't remember if there's a bit in the middle of those two points that makes it make more sense or not.
But what I've thought for a while is if you assume god isn't omniscient, he still is sort of omniscient anyway. Standard God traits people quote are as follows: Omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent. Let's say he was just omnipotent and benevolent instead, no given omniscience. If he's all powerful, does he not have the power to give himself any random piece of knowledge he wanted at any time? In that scenario, he'd still know a suitably godlike amount of stuff but could deliberately not bother finding out about what us plebs do in the future and there'd be no contradiction there. Unless I've been dumb and missed something when freestyling that argument.

3) Heavily flawed and violent according to you. Are you God? No. According to the scriptures, who is the man who decides what's moral? God is. So are you wrong as ****? If these violent religious texts are indeed true, then yes you would be wrong as ****. The bible is the godliest, most morally upstanding book in that case, and those theists that go against it are going to hell with you brah. Think there's a bunch of christian theories that say humans tend towards being sinful, which is kindaaa a botched explanation as to why they don't always follow their own rules. Being good is apparently hard or something.

4) Controlling the masses to do what? Pray towards the sky for no apparent reason? Hate on gays even though nobody really wants to do that anymore? Not feeling it. In ye olde times before science yeah, a lot of things christians said to explain stuff turned out to be bs. However, most of what they tried to explain wasn't mentioned in the bible at all so in effect they'd been pulling it right out of their arses instead. But then again if you go reeeeeaaaallly far back ignorance could be an explanation as to how religion came about in the first.

5) Uhhh there's John Hick's soul making theodicy, Plantinga's free will defense... some other ones. Explaining them takes ages. If you don't wanna google them quote me again and I'll parrot a butchered version of what they say in the morning or something...

6) Perhaps he doesn't desire it per se but it's instead some kind of necessity? One thing that's never been made clear in the bible or Quran is God's endgame. He's testing humans, sure. He says we must believe or we burn in hellfire, sure. He tells us what our end point is and what our goal should be, but God's motivations in themselves, what the test is actually for and why he needs to hoard and reward all the good boys is very much up in the air. Maybe he's working towards something and your belief in him is an actual requirement for it to work? A need over a want? Am I making sense? 'cause I've only really just started thinking about it and now I'm lost.

7) A lot of heaven and hell stuff is sort of extrapolated from only a few bible verses. Quran mentions burning in fire every 5 minutes but with christianity it's quite a bit more loose. I've seen people say heaven and hell aren't physical places and that it's just to do with "distance from God", so you're not being directly punished by somebody else but you're so effing far from God right now that you've gone and punished yourself. As for what you think these things should be based on, refer back to my answer to number 3. If God exists, he's the ultimate authority on these things, not you.

8) Does no baptism equal burning forever? Could've sworn it was more complicated than that. I think Plantinga's free will defence comes into this again, sort of. Idea is, all loving god wants to make the best possible people. Best possible people necessarily have to have free will so they can have the choice to do bad things and choose the good. When given this choice, some people are knobs. Extrapolate from there, punishment for the knobs is tough love to warn the other humans to be good, thus producing better people. Maybe. It's a theory.

9) Guess my answer to this is a combination of my answers to 8 and 3? But also God might not be the God of Christianity. Or maybe God just isn't all loving. So what? Dude's showed up and created us, but unfortunately he's a knob. It's possible.

10) Now Jesus miracles aren't my area at all lmao. But in the end if the Quran is right then Jesus is a bit irrelevant. Alternatively Zoroastrianism might be the one true religion and Ahura Mazda is our God. He was believed in before jesus, so in that case we don't need to care. There's probably some botched explanation of Jesus' shenanigans on the internet somewhere but I've never found one I can actually be bothered to look at.

I've done all this and midway through the OP's quoted me, hellish double post is gonna end my life boiks
Scientific theory has evidence behind it religion does not.

100% things that cannot be perceived since no religion. My title was bait to trigger religious people and get a discussion going:smile:

Unicorns have as much reason as God to exist.

Scientific theory comes about from proving/disproving hypotheses. Religion has hypotheses coming out the wazoo but because you can't observe anything they talk about there's no proving or disproving. Presumably somebody's correct somewhere, might be atheists, might be that atheists are talking nonsense. We don't really know. Calling certain schools of theology pure nonsense because they do what everybody else does is a weird ting, man.

So you admit your title isn't actually related to your OP that much now? The story's changed. yay

Unicorns and God are a false equivalence. With unicorns the hypothesis is that there's unicorns chilling out in the physical world, and they're horses with horns and you can see them. You can prove this wrong, by looking for unicorns and finding nothing. The idea of God is that he's a none-physical bloke that exists but not in the realm of time space and you can't perceive him ever but he's always doing stuff. Bit harder to falsify that one.
Woaaahhh let's go boys

1) Well, nah. There's also force of habit through indoctrination by parents (If you believe threads on here, Islam in particular seems very hard to leave once you're in the club). But there are genuinely people who have some form of weird conversion experience or research into whatever religious text and genuinely go "oh boi this is lit". I know a girl that reckons she "felt god in her" while she was in a church once. Not sure how exactly she got from that simple point to deciding Catholicism is the one true religion but I've been too polite to want to ask that so far...

2) I've heard an argument that says something along the lines of omniscience only being knowledge of what's logically possible, and it's apparently not logically possible to know of events that haven't happened yet. Can't remember if there's a bit in the middle of those two points that makes it make more sense or not.
But what I've thought for a while is if you assume god isn't omniscient, he still is sort of omniscient anyway. Standard God traits people quote are as follows: Omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent. Let's say he was just omnipotent and benevolent instead, no given omniscience. If he's all powerful, does he not have the power to give himself any random piece of knowledge he wanted at any time? In that scenario, he'd still know a suitably godlike amount of stuff but could deliberately not bother finding out about what us plebs do in the future and there'd be no contradiction there. Unless I've been dumb and missed something when freestyling that argument.

3) Heavily flawed and violent according to you. Are you God? No. According to the scriptures, who is the man who decides what's moral? God is. So are you wrong as ****? If these violent religious texts are indeed true, then yes you would be wrong as ****. The bible is the godliest, most morally upstanding book in that case, and those theists that go against it are going to hell with you brah. Think there's a bunch of christian theories that say humans tend towards being sinful, which is kindaaa a botched explanation as to why they don't always follow their own rules. Being good is apparently hard or something.

4) Controlling the masses to do what? Pray towards the sky for no apparent reason? Hate on gays even though nobody really wants to do that anymore? Not feeling it. In ye olde times before science yeah, a lot of things christians said to explain stuff turned out to be bs. However, most of what they tried to explain wasn't mentioned in the bible at all so in effect they'd been pulling it right out of their arses instead. But then again if you go reeeeeaaaallly far back ignorance could be an explanation as to how religion came about in the first.

5) Uhhh there's John Hick's soul making theodicy, Plantinga's free will defense... some other ones. Explaining them takes ages. If you don't wanna google them quote me again and I'll parrot a butchered version of what they say in the morning or something...

6) Perhaps he doesn't desire it per se but it's instead some kind of necessity? One thing that's never been made clear in the bible or Quran is God's endgame. He's testing humans, sure. He says we must believe or we burn in hellfire, sure. He tells us what our end point is and what our goal should be, but God's motivations in themselves, what the test is actually for and why he needs to hoard and reward all the good boys is very much up in the air. Maybe he's working towards something and your belief in him is an actual requirement for it to work? A need over a want? Am I making sense? 'cause I've only really just started thinking about it and now I'm lost.

7) A lot of heaven and hell stuff is sort of extrapolated from only a few bible verses. Quran mentions burning in fire every 5 minutes but with christianity it's quite a bit more loose. I've seen people say heaven and hell aren't physical places and that it's just to do with "distance from God", so you're not being directly punished by somebody else but you're so effing far from God right now that you've gone and punished yourself. As for what you think these things should be based on, refer back to my answer to number 3. If God exists, he's the ultimate authority on these things, not you.

8) Does no baptism equal burning forever? Could've sworn it was more complicated than that. I think Plantinga's free will defence comes into this again, sort of. Idea is, all loving god wants to make the best possible people. Best possible people necessarily have to have free will so they can have the choice to do bad things and choose the good. When given this choice, some people are knobs. Extrapolate from there, punishment for the knobs is tough love to warn the other humans to be good, thus producing better people. Maybe. It's a theory.

9) Guess my answer to this is a combination of my answers to 8 and 3? But also God might not be the God of Christianity. Or maybe God just isn't all loving. So what? Dude's showed up and created us, but unfortunately he's a knob. It's possible.

10) Now Jesus miracles aren't my area at all lmao. But in the end if the Quran is right then Jesus is a bit irrelevant. Alternatively Zoroastrianism might be the one true religion and Ahura Mazda is our God. He was believed in before jesus, so in that case we don't need to care. There's probably some botched explanation of Jesus' shenanigans on the internet somewhere but I've never found one I can actually be bothered to look at.

I've done all this and midway through the OP's quoted me, hellish double post is gonna end my life boiks

1) Again I said "majority" which is correct regardless of your anecdote. I would go as far as 70+%. I can pull up statistics but I'll leave that to you.

2) This literally made no sense. Omniscience by definition is knowing all - including the future. The Bible even confirms that he does know the future. Unlike you, I will post evidence:

- (Isaiah 46:9-10). God is the only One who can stand at the beginning and accurately declare the end.

God is omniscient; He knows everything actual and possible. God is also eternal (Psalm 90:2). As the eternal, omniscient God, He has lived our yesterdays, our todays, and our tomorrows, the past, present, and future. God is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End (Revelation 21:6).

3) Again, this makes no sense. Flawed in their logic, all the paradoxes that come from "the word of God". Scientific inconsistencies, etc. Not to mention the ever-changing depiction of God.

4) Power, money, status. You never heard of the Christian Crusaders? See this - scholar agrees with this notion (http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/693817/Jesus-Christ-HOAX-Biblical-christianity-roman-empire), http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/story-of-jesus-christ-was-fabricated-to-pacify-the-poor-claims-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html , http://www.letspleasegod.com/2016/04/racism-pt-9/ . I suggest you read more.

5) I'm already aware of that. The entire fundamental idea isn't great - straight from a Google search - soul-making theodicy in which he argued that God allows evil and suffering in the world in order to develop humans into virtuous creatures capable of following his will. Again, God knows the future so this point is irrelevant. Follow will for what? More contradictions and paradoxes?

6) This doesn't really make sense.

7) This doesn't make sense and is wrong. The bible has nothing about that - see this - http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/hell-bible-verses/ .

8) Those theories aren't strong to argue. Sorry.

9) I agree with this actually - perhaps we overestimate God - not sure. I'm agnostic so I don't know where I stand.

10) True with that - anything can be true and we won't know it.
Scientific theory comes about from proving/disproving hypotheses. Religion has hypotheses coming out the wazoo but because you can't observe anything they talk about there's no proving or disproving. Presumably somebody's correct somewhere, might be atheists, might be that atheists are talking nonsense. We don't really know. Calling certain schools of theology pure nonsense because they do what everybody else does is a weird ting, man.

So you admit your title isn't actually related to your OP that much now? The story's changed. yay

Unicorns and God are a false equivalence. With unicorns the hypothesis is that there's unicorns chilling out in the physical world, and they're horses with horns and you can see them. You can prove this wrong, by looking for unicorns and finding nothing. The idea of God is that he's a none-physical bloke that exists but not in the realm of time space and you can't perceive him ever but he's always doing stuff. Bit harder to falsify that one.

Thats not true i believe in a mythical unicorn who looks over all of us and wants us to worship horses.

Seriously though its not a 50/50 splits. More like 99.99999/0.0000001. So many flaws and contradictions in religion that no omnipotent god would write. The world for example is not 6000 years old... as the bible states

Oh and i still stand by its AN answer just not the answer. So nothings changed there
Reply 94
That is such a pessimistic and horrible view of life. I am 'nothing' without him, wow.

You speak as if you have met your God and know him personally.:colonhash:

I am nothing without my parents too, yet I do not worship them? Why should I? Does God crave my gratification? If he exists, which is highly improbably, I show him my gratification through love of humanity and all life. Not through rehearsing terrible songs at dusty old buildings and praying.

How is the way I view life horrible? To you it may be horrible but to majority of the world who believes in a faith its facts because we are only in this world to please God because we are his creation and this world is nothing this life is just a test for us to see if we should go heaven or hell. I don't have to see or know God personally to speak this way but I still know that he is there and everyway watching over everyone.
Of course you are nothing without your parents but your forgetting that your parents are a human too, they are Gods creation and they have the same purpose as you, they should also be pleasing God.
You see life horrible honestly you can't live life blindly like that, imagine you created something like a car the cars job is to take you from A to B but doesn't do it instead it keeps stopping or stalling every second, but you want it to work so you tweak it and fix it up but yet if that car keeps messing about and you had enough your gonna discard it. That's just how God is with us he expects us to show him gratification on a personal level so you and him can connect but also doing good for humanity. There isn't only one religion in the world there are many but you can embrace God in many ways.
Original post by Ftxxj
we are only in this world to please God

If God needs something from his own creations then he is not perfect.
this life is just a test for us to see if we should go heaven or hell.

God needs such test? Then again he is not perfect.
Original post by Ftxxj
How is the way I view life horrible? To you it may be horrible but to majority of the world who believes in a faith its facts because we are only in this world to please God because we are his creation and this world is nothing this life is just a test for us to see if we should go heaven or hell. I don't have to see or know God personally to speak this way but I still know that he is there and everyway watching over everyone.
Of course you are nothing without your parents but your forgetting that your parents are a human too, they are Gods creation and they have the same purpose as you, they should also be pleasing God.
You see life horrible honestly you can't live life blindly like that, imagine you created something like a car the cars job is to take you from A to B but doesn't do it instead it keeps stopping or stalling every second, but you want it to work so you tweak it and fix it up but yet if that car keeps messing about and you had enough your gonna discard it. That's just how God is with us he expects us to show him gratification on a personal level so you and him can connect but also doing good for humanity. There isn't only one religion in the world there are many but you can embrace God in many ways.

I do not see how I am the one leading a blind life? You are the one relying on your own faith and no evidence to support your iews. You are the one that seems to fail to understand that near the beggining of humanity it is likely that humans were scared, confused and came up with supernatural fairytailes to give their life meaning and purpose. I am not arguing that once upon a time religion did not serve a purpose, it did. But in modern times where science is what is propelling us forward we need scientists and inventors not popes and rabiis.
Reply 97
Original post by admonit
If God needs something from his own creations then he is not perfect.

God needs such test? Then again he is not perfect.

You shouldn't dig deep in what God wants if that's what he wants you should follow it with no question it's not like you just randomly appeared in the earth you was put here by God himself
Reply 98
I do not see how I am the one leading a blind life? You are the one relying on your own faith and no evidence to support your iews. You are the one that seems to fail to understand that near the beggining of humanity it is likely that humans were scared, confused and came up with supernatural fairytailes to give their life meaning and purpose. I am not arguing that once upon a time religion did not serve a purpose, it did. But in modern times where science is what is propelling us forward we need scientists and inventors not popes and rabiis.

You actually are because your in this world thinking your here for no reason but your here to please God and I do have evidence in my personal and other sources lives which shown Gods revalation. And who said religion is still not going forward there are so many religious practices taking place along with science but science it testing religion and making life more complicated which is a sin and are utter nonsense. Satan has fully engrossed you that's all I have to say.
Bashing beliefs is important for humanity to flourish, we cannot teach generations of children to ignore evidence infront of them. We need scientists to lead our world, not religious preachers. Who creates your medicines, hour homes, your comfort?

To put it bluntly, if a man is choking, do you pray? Or do you take action, grap him and thrust him? The scientific method prevails always.

Funnily enough when humans are at their most desperate points in their lives they pray because they have "tried everything else". Listen I suggest you get off your high horse and stop bashing, you don't know what other people have been through to get to their conclusions in what they believe. Science may be prevalent for you but in someone else's circumstances God prevails.
You can continue on your mission of promoting your scientific beliefs and asking people to "wake up" but also try to consider other people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending