The Student Room Group

Fear about going gym

I am really fat and ugly! I am really anxious about going to the gym but I really want to because I hate my beer belly and fat cheeks :frown:

How much weight loss can I achieve in 1 month realistically? I weigh 85kg currently.
Reply 1
85kg? How tall are you? It don't sound too fat.

In the Gym you'll find, fat, thin, toned, not toned. So worry not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Gym is a place where everyone comes in to get and feel better. Trust me when I say this no one will judge you at the gym. Infact many people will motivate you if they see you struggling or they will come up and help you if you are not doing a certain exercise properly. You will find some of the nicest people at the gym. Secondly, it is hard to say how much weight you will loose. It depends on you, how hard you train, what you eat etc. Gym is only a small part of the game. The hard part is in the kitchen. Eat clean foods. Do cardio as well as weight training.
Though 85 doesn't sound bad at all. I am 5 9' and I weight 80
(edited 6 years ago)
I need a gym buddy come with me!
Reply 4
Original post by SMEGGGY
85kg? How tall are you? It don't sound too fat.

In the Gym you'll find, fat, thin, toned, not toned. So worry not

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am skinny fat. I'm roughly 5'9 ..

I just can't stop eating. If I do go gym I have no idea what to do :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I am really fat and ugly! I am really anxious about going to the gym but I really want to because I hate my beer belly and fat cheeks :frown:

How much weight loss can I achieve in 1 month realistically? I weigh 85kg currently.

Ur fiiine, people are happy when they see chubby ppl at the gym, its like u want to say to them, "good for u :biggrin:". Means u want to start caring for ur health more, trust me, I see super fat ppl at the gym, even then I still have loads of respect for them. Size doesn't matter, we all have to start somewhere :smile:
No, the gym is suprisingly a positive environment. Many of the built people there started iut from where you are now, and there will be many people beside you who are there right now, or not even there at the moment. I remember when I started going to the gym, it was really intimidating. I started out using weights that the others were using to keep the doors opened. I grew out of it eventually, and while I was growing out of it, nobody made fun of me once.
I am skinny fat. I'm roughly 5'9 ..

I just can't stop eating. If I do go gym I have no idea what to do :frown:

Starve urself, eat only breakfast and dinner per day, NOTHING ELSE, not even a little bit of fruit inbetween. Just make sure u are having sugar on ur cereal and ****.
theres people in my gym that weigh maybe 150kg and they dont care you shouldn't worry about what others think because everyone comes to the gym to improve themselves

i was so anxious when i started - i was around 125 kg and i started going in november with some freinds from Uni and going with then helped me feel a lot more comfrtble? and then i realised at the end of the day im there to sweat and sweat i did. you soon forget about being anxious - get on a machine put your headphones in and get going! 😁😁
Reply 10
Honestly, people at the gym are too focused on themselves to care about anyone else. I know when I'm at the gym I'm just focused on getting my sets done and that's about it. No-one's going to judge you.

Plus, judging a fat guy for going to the gym is like judging a homeless man for trying to get a job.
(edited 6 years ago)
if the fear is too strong you could always lose some weight doing cardio/callisthenics first for a few weeks before going into the gym so you go in more 'in shape'

Quick Reply

Latest