Biology - A*
Physics - A*
History - A*
Spanish - A*
English language - 8
Maths - 8
English lit - 7
Media Studies - B

My dream is to study law at Oxford. Do you think my grades will be enough for this? Was a bit worried that the B might hold me back?
Original post by cricinfo
So on GCSE Results Day I got:
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A*
History - A*
Spanish - A*
English language - 8
Maths - 8
English lit - 7
Media Studies - B

My dream is to study law at Oxford. Do you think my grades will be enough for this? Was a bit worried that the B might hold me back?

I would say yes, those are some cracking grades and why not go for it? You do not know until you try.
However it may also depend on your grade predictions for your a levels. Which ones are you intending to do?
Tagging the law ninja

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I would say yes, those are some cracking grades and why not go for it? You do not know until you try.
However it may also depend on your grade predictions for your a levels. Which ones are you intending to do?
Tagging the law ninja

Spoiler

Thanks for the reply. I'm doing English Literature, History, Spanish and Biology at A Level (will probably drop Bio at Christmas.) Do you think these choices are well suited to doing a law degree?
Thanks for the reply. I'm doing English Literature, History, Spanish and Biology at A Level (will probably drop Bio at Christmas.) Do you think these choices are well suited to doing a law degree?

I see :beard:
Hopefully Reality Check will get back to you on that front as I am no expert!
Just ensure you know what you'll be studying and that you like the look of your A level course! :hugs: You don't want to study something for 2 years that you may hate :no:
Reply 4

If you enjoy them then yes, just pick subjects which you enjoy and Oxford won't mind.
Reply 5
Original post by The RAR
If you enjoy them then yes, just pick subjects which you enjoy and Oxford won't mind.

Yeah I enjoy all of them so that should help 🙂.
Reply 6
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I see :beard:
Hopefully Reality Check will get back to you on that front as I am no expert!
Just ensure you know what you'll be studying and that you like the look of your A level course! :hugs: You don't want to study something for 2 years that you may hate :no:

Yeah that's a good point! I've had a look at some of the past papers and specifications for my subjects, and the content seems quite interesting. Thanks for the advice🙂

Quick Reply

Latest