HELP!! Foundation year or Retaking a levels

Watch this thread
Gagandeep16
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My A levels grades are Distinction star in BTEC subsidiary diploma, C grade in A Level Mathematics and D grade in A level Economics.

The degree I want to do is BSc mathematics. My first choice university Loughborough and my second choice university Aston both rejected me as I did not meet the grade requirements. Then Aston offers me to do a foundation course in engineering and applied science and if I pass with 60% or above then they will accept me into BSc mathematics for next year.

Here the link for the foundation course in engineering and applied science: http://www.aston.ac.uk/study/undergr...plied-science/

So here my question to you guys:

1.Should I do the foundation year that Aston offering me or retake my A-levels to try and get better grades?

2. How hard is a foundation year compare to A level?

3. Which University would accept me in clearing to do BSc mathematics with a C grade in A level Mathematics?
Skill Twix
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Firstly, find out where it went wrong for you during your A-levels (i.e why couldn't you meet your offers in the first place). Trust me, this will help you avoid making the same mistake again in the future.

Now, if I were you, I'd take the foundation course. If you do well on this, you can transfer to a better uni.

But again are you interested in doing Electrical Engineering (I just had a quick look at your A-levels). If yes, take the foundation course. If no, retake your A-levels.

I can't comment on the difficulty of a foundation year.

I guess Kevin De Bruyne and Zacken can assist you with the last question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.36%

Watched Threads