The Student Room Group

I just did that!!!

Sorry I'm late on here, just got back from celebrating!

Somehow I managed to get 7 A* , 8 in Maths, 8 in English Lit, 9 in English Lang and an A!!

So basically 10 A* and 1 A! I couldn't be more prouder of myself and to think I was just 2-3 marks away from that A* in my geography is disappoint but I'm not sure if I should do a remark yet! Any opinions on that? 😃
Reply 1
Original post by XxxvatxxX

Somehow I managed to get 7 A* , 8 in Maths, 8 in English Lit, 9 in English Lang and an A!!

So basically 10 A* and 1 A! I couldn't be more prouder of myself and to think I was just 2-3 marks away from that A* in my geography is disappoint but I'm not sure if I should do a remark yet! Any opinions on that? 😃

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad to hear your results- a well deserved celebration :smile:
First of all, congratulations on the great results.

Unless you want to do Geography at Oxbridge, I would honestly say: be satisfied with what you already got (who wouldn't be) and don't bother with the remark. Consider what the purpose of having 11 A*s instead of 10 would be...bragging rights, probably.
Any admissions officer for a university seeing those ten A*s will never think: oh, how sad he didn't get an A* in Geography. Can't have him on our science course.

Those are fantastic grades ! Be proud of yourself Hun! As for the remark, if it's something that bothers you not knowing then go for it as you'll only get that opportunity once and sometimes it sucks just not knowing! However your grades are great so I wouldn't worry about it too much either!
Reply 4
Original post by Hydrogen-7
First of all, congratulations on the great results.

Unless you want to do Geography at Oxbridge, I would honestly say: be satisfied with what you already got (who wouldn't be) and don't bother with the remark. Consider what the purpose of having 11 A*s instead of 10 would be...bragging rights, probably.
Any admissions officer for a university seeing those ten A*s will never think: oh, how sad he didn't get an A* in Geography. Can't have him on our science course.

Your probably right haha if I want to do medicine geography won't really help with a remark. One quick question however, do you think the unis will make the 8 and 9 into A* for the ease or look at it with letters and numbers?
Reply 5
Original post by midwife101
Those are fantastic grades ! Be proud of yourself Hun! As for the remark, if it's something that bothers you not knowing then go for it as you'll only get that opportunity once and sometimes it sucks just not knowing! However your grades are great so I wouldn't worry about it too much either!

Thank you so much!! 😄
Your probably right haha if I want to do medicine geography won't really help with a remark. One quick question however, do you think the unis will make the 8 and 9 into A* for the ease or look at it with letters and numbers?

I'm sure that by the time you apply for university (two years from now) the admissions process will have adapted to accomodate the new numeric grading system. So probably the latter.

That said, I assume you ask because you're worried about how your results 'look' on the whole. Like I said, nine or ten A*s both indicate a capable student. I really wouldn't be concerned, but my course of action would depend on how the remarks work at your school.

Essentially, the exam board charges a fee, but when you request a remark you contact the exam board through your school. The school can choose to ask for the fee directly, waive it or increase it (if they're real *****). Depending on your school & circumstances it may be free or really low cost. If that were the case I might ask for a remark just because.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Hydrogen-7
I'm sure that by the time you apply for university (two years from now) the admissions process will have adapted to accomodate the new numeric grading system. So probably the latter.

That said, I assume you ask because you're worried about how your results 'look' on the whole. Like I said, nine or ten A*s both indicate a capable student. I really wouldn't be concerned, but my course of action would depend on how the remarks work at your school.

Essentially, the exam board charges a fee, but when you request a remark you contact the exam board through your school. The school can choose to ask for the fee directly, waive it or increase it (if they're real *****). Depending on your school & circumstances it may be free or really low cost. If that were the case I might ask for a remark just because.

Yup you guessed it haha, even when u opened my results it took me a while to understand all the letter number things and was told by my teachers to just convert them into A*s for convenience :smile:
Only difference is that a 9 is better than an A*, I believe.

Well, it's more muddy about what exactly is a pass now (rather than just 'C'), but that doesn't apply to you :biggrin:
Reply 9
When you get a remark to change an A to an A* 🤣🤣🤣
Reply 10
Original post by Pogshit
When you get a remark to change an A to an A* 🤣🤣🤣

Hahah was only 2 marks off so worth a shot I guess :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest