The Student Room Group

Will I be able to study nursing?

I am taking biology and health and social at a level, however health and social is a BTEC double award. I am predicted an A in biology and D*D* in health and social care. I am wanting to study nursing at one of Birmingham, university of London, Oxford Brooke's, kings college London or Coventry. I passed all of the GCSEs but I'm not sure if I'll get in to study nursing with my a levels?
A lot of people do BTECS for nursing - along with A level biology your choices and predicted grades are well above the entry requirements. You should be fine at all those universities - good luck :u:
Original post by Hollie<3
I am taking biology and health and social at a level, however health and social is a BTEC double award. I am predicted an A in biology and D*D* in health and social care. I am wanting to study nursing at one of Birmingham, university of London, Oxford Brooke's, kings college London or Coventry. I passed all of the GCSEs but I'm not sure if I'll get in to study nursing with my a levels?

Hi, the best thing to do is contact those five universities you mentioned directly and check they will accept your application with those qualifications.
If you haven't already, it's also recommended to gain some voluntary or work experience in health and social care when applying for nursing, there is a sticky thread about work experience with ideas on the nursing and midwifery forum page if you need it.
I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending