poppym820
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I received my GCSE results yesterday and was really surprised to see that I had a 6 in English literature (edexcel), considering I also got a 9 in English language. I actually thought my literature exam was a lot stronger and my target was an 8. I spoke to my school and they told me I was one mark off a 7, so I am going to get both papers remarked. Does anyone know the likelihood of my grade going up, and whether there is any chance it could go up significantly? (eg the examiner made a mistake or something?) I was also told I was one/two marks off an A* in history (AQA) so I am also going to get one paper from that exam remarked (as I got A*s in the controlled assessment and paper 1 but only an A in paper 2 so hopefully the remark will bring it up to an A* overall) . Again, does anyone know how likely it is I will go up in history? Also, would getting a remark with the script help - as I believe this lets your teachers see the exam?? Sorry for the long question, thanks
casi12345
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was wondering if it's worth getting one of my paper's remarked as i was a mark away from the next grade up (got an A and would do anything for an A*).On the other hand could my mark possibly be lowered?If so is it worth the risk?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can get the Edexcel scripts back for free before making your decision - that way you could put in the paper which looks as though it has the best chance of going up first.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by casi12345)
I was wondering if it's worth getting one of my paper's remarked as i was a mark away from the next grade up (got an A and would do anything for an A*).On the other hand could my mark possibly be lowered?If so is it worth the risk?
It can go down but if you are 1 off an A* you must be 20 or so off a B so the risk of the grade going down is very low.
J77mie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What's the chance that my igcse edexcel physics paper will go up by 4 marks ?
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by poppym820)
I received my GCSE results yesterday and was really surprised to see that I had a 6 in English literature (edexcel), considering I also got a 9 in English language. I actually thought my literature exam was a lot stronger and my target was an 8. I spoke to my school and they told me I was one mark off a 7, so I am going to get both papers remarked. Does anyone know the likelihood of my grade going up, and whether there is any chance it could go up significantly? (eg the examiner made a mistake or something?) I was also told I was one/two marks off an A* in history (AQA) so I am also going to get one paper from that exam remarked (as I got A*s in the controlled assessment and paper 1 but only an A in paper 2 so hopefully the remark will bring it up to an A* overall) . Again, does anyone know how likely it is I will go up in history? Also, would getting a remark with the script help - as I believe this lets your teachers see the exam?? Sorry for the long question, thanks
Yeah there's a decent chance
poppym820
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
You can get the Edexcel scripts back for free before making your decision - that way you could put in the paper which looks as though it has the best chance of going up first.
Oh thanks I didn't realise that, I was told you can pay for just a remark or pay more for a remark with the script by my school... Anyway I'm just going to get both papers remarked as I was only one mark off a 7
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by poppym820)
Oh thanks I didn't realise that, I was told you can pay for just a remark or pay more for a remark with the script by my school... Anyway I'm just going to get both papers remarked as I was only one mark off a 7
I'd try one then the other - it's always so depressing if one goes up and the other down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (41)
15.89%
I'm not sure (8)
3.1%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (93)
36.05%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.55%
I'm not a current university student (112)
43.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise