Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any body else suffering from lack of sleep!! Its doing my head, I usually sleep for about 10 hours a day, since I found out exactly where im going and am doing the course ive wanted to do since I was about 8 ive been lucky to get 3 hours a night!! Even if I get plastered the evening before!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quinny)
    Any body else suffering from lack of sleep!! Its doing my head, I usually sleep for about 10 hours a day, since I found out exactly where im going and am doing the course ive wanted to do since I was about 8 ive been lucky to get 3 hours a night!! Even if I get plastered the evening before!!
    Oh dear... why do you get only 3 hours a night??? Yeh I get about 4/5 hours coz' I love staying up at night, but I have 8am driving lessons which are a real pain.

ReputationRep:
    I guess Im just excited!! Luck a kid a christmas!! I really should be asleep now but im eating grapes and looking at race cards!! Oh what a life I lead!!

ReputationRep:
    Which uni you going to?

and what you gonna do?

ReputationRep:
    Going to Staffordshire to so Sports Journalism, still finding it hard to get my head round the concept of being paid to watch sport and then write about it! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Personaly for the last 4 months I've been lucky if I get 4 hours a sleep each day, sometimes I get none . I don't feel tired at night but by about midday I am :confused: . I'm not sure if it's insomnia or the fact that I'm nocturnal, I think it's insomnia. Well whatever it is it better be gone when school starts up again, I can't afford to do badly this year.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Quinny You sound like you're going to do really well in that area coz' you love it so much. Good Luck!

Now go get some sleep!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but I cant!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but I cant!!
    Yep know what that feels like.

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you buy some sleeping pills? I recommend the herbal ones though, not the crazy proper ones which knock on the head

ReputationRep:
    I have been having trouble sleeping too...keep having dreams/nightmares about uni...the other night I had a dream that my housemates were going to be dwarf-people!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I keep having a dream that my one of my flatmates always turns out to be one of my best friends (it changes which friend it is!) and i had one dream where i couldn't find anyone else in my flat at all...but later stumbled upon them all chatting crammed into a tiny bathroom, as there was no furniture anywhere. Not sure where all this came from...

ReputationRep:
    Noooooo, don't have the medical grade sleeping tablets, you get really bad sleeping pill hangovers from them. Plus they're highly addictive

Have you tried getting yourself into a routine before you go to bed? Lavendar oil/mist often really helps before you go to bed, as does warm milk or a warm bath. Don't have your room too hot, as you won't sleep well.

Can you tell i've been either nocturnal or an insomniac (i go through phases) for many years?!

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra.
    Don't have your room too hot, as you won't sleep well.
    My bedrooms the coldest room in the house and yet I can not get 2 sleep untill about 4 in the morning. I even have an eye mask to try and help me but still nothing. I'm not to sure but it could be because I can't shut off my brain. Thoughts keep on running through my mind, could that be why I can't get to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to sleep now Can't take it anymore. I haven't slept since my first post on this thread. See ya insomniacs! Try and get some sleep yeh?

ReputationRep:
    I play tetris or pharoah...it numbs your mind...but it is getting to the stage where i'm either making gameboyesque hand gestures at night or shouting out in my sleep "but i don't have the money to build more dentists!"

ReputationRep:
    Yet another night where I have tried to drink myself to sleep and yet again it didnt work... Not even the fact that it is 3 of my mates leaving do tonight and I have drunk lots is working, I WANA GO TO UNI NOW!! Dont suppose the fact that me and my best friend had the BIGGEST arguement last nite and I reckon it was a friendship ender, we always push each other apart when we go through stressful times but this time we both really hurt each other with what we said, WHY THE **** DOES THIS UNI LARK CAUSE SO MUCH ****ING STRESS?!?! To make it worse, she's sharing a room at uni next year with another very close friend at UEA so its guna be soooooo awkward when I go to visit my other friend. Wheres the advice/phone line on UCAS for situations like this?!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicki04)
    I keep having a dream that my one of my flatmates always turns out to be one of my best friends (it changes which friend it is!) and i had one dream where i couldn't find anyone else in my flat at all...but later stumbled upon them all chatting crammed into a tiny bathroom, as there was no furniture anywhere. Not sure where all this came from...
    haha i had one where my best friends had a flat next door to mine, but refused to see me in the actual flat and instead insisted they talk to me through the outside window :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I can't sleep either, and I have been waking up at around 8 everyday as well. So I have been getting approximately 4 hours of sleep every night.

ReputationRep:
    Well, in the first and a half month or so of my summer holidays, I would usually be sleeping from around 4-5am to 1-2pm but for the past week or so, I have been finding myself getting up really early around 10am. It's like once you get up, you can't be bothered to go back to sleep. I'm gonna regret this once I start uni because back in college, I would usually get about 6 hours sleep a night on average.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.