Which university degree you think it is the most worthless subject... Watch

Gordon_D
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know a number of people who have graduated from degrees that some could see as useless, but are now professionally more successful than most of my friends. There's a lot to be said for studying something that genuinely interests you enough to stay so engaged you easily get that 2:1 or that First.

A huge number of employers see graduates as people who can prove their ability to commit, learn, communicate, and succeed - the subject often bears no relevance unless it's geared towards a particular profession (medical, engineering etc).

Of course there are degrees in things like Klingon, The Science of Superheroes, and Harry Potter. I'm genuinely not sure how I fee about these...
Marshmallow98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel like if you can progress further and quicker and gain more experience from working rather than going to uni to study your chosen field then the subject is less worthwhile, e.g. personally I think getting a law apprenticeship is far more useful than a degree especially nowadays where experience is paramount to getting you further
Ruby1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My degree is essentially useless in that I'm only doing it to get on to a post grad in a different field looool
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I rate this bait 8/8
Brek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Art is a great degree, allows for all sorts of careers once done. For e.g. who do you think does all the incredible film effects for blockbuster movies??? Art grads. Once into supervisor roles pulling in a nice 80k a year.
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
gender studies because the entire subject is based around pseudoscience and leftist propaganda.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads