George Kal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!
I have applied for a PG course at Liverpool Hope Uni and I have received a conditional offer.
Do I have to wait for my offer to become unconditional in order to apply for a student loan, or can I apply now at Student Finance without having been registered at the Uni?

Thanks in advance,
George
Mark SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi George,

You will be able to make a postgraduate application, if you need to make changes at a later date after submitting your application you can certainly do so.

Thanks,

Mark
George Kal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mark SFE)
Hi George,

You will be able to make a postgraduate application, if you need to make changes at a later date after submitting your application you can certainly do so.

Thanks,

Mark
Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
George Kal
Rep:
?
I forgot to mention that I currently live in Greece and I am moving to UK on the middle of September. Am I eligible to apply now for a student loan or better wait until I go to UK?
DivaD45
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi George. You should apply as soon as possible, even if you are not yet in the UK.But you should also check the student finance loan page for more information, including eligibility.https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/n...ltime-students
George Kal
Rep:
?
Hi.I have already checked the website and I have asked them whether I am eligible or not and they told me that I am eligible for a student loan, but I didn't know if it is necessary to be in the UK in order to apply.Once you tell me that I can apply now, I will do it as soon as possible.Thank you very much.George
George Kal
Rep:
?
Hi.
I have already checked the website and I have asked them whether I am eligible or not and they told me that I am eligible for a student loan, but I didn't know if it is necessary to be in the UK in order to apply.Once you tell me that I can apply now, I will do it as soon as possible.
Thank you very much.
George
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by George Kal)
Hi.
I have already checked the website and I have asked them whether I am eligible or not and they told me that I am eligible for a student loan, but I didn't know if it is necessary to be in the UK in order to apply.Once you tell me that I can apply now, I will do it as soon as possible.
Thank you very much.
George
Hi George Ka,

You can apply for the Postgraduate Loan online at http://bit.ly/2ts1VRQ

You will be leased to know that to be eligible as a student from the EU, you only need be in the UK by the first day of your course.

• EU students must be resident in England for the 1st day of the 1st year of the course

All students must be resident in the UK / EU for 3 years prior to the start of the Academic Year (AY).

Thanks Rona
George Kal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi George Ka,

You can apply for the Postgraduate Loan online at http://bit.ly/2ts1VRQ

You will be leased to know that to be eligible as a student from the EU, you only need be in the UK by the first day of your course.

• EU students must be resident in England for the 1st day of the 1st year of the course

All students must be resident in the UK / EU for 3 years prior to the start of the Academic Year (AY).

Thanks Rona
Hi Rona,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I will arrive UK before my course starts, so I don't think that I will face any issues. I have already sent an application to student finance.

Thanks,
George
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Rona,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I will arrive UK before my course starts, so I don't think that I will face any issues. I have already sent an application to student finance.

Thanks,
George
Hi George,

We look forward to having you on campus!

Should you need any other advice, please feel free to contact the Liverpool Hope fees and finance team: [email protected]
T: +44 (0) 151 291 3339

Best wishes,
Andrea
George Kal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi George,

We look forward to having you on campus!

Should you need any other advice, please feel free to contact the Liverpool Hope fees and finance team: [email protected]
T: +44 (0) 151 291 3339

Best wishes,
Andrea

Dear Andrea,

Thanks for your message.

I have one more crucial question. As I wrote above I am from Greece and I currently live in Greece, until 14th of September, when I am moving to UK.
I have applied for a student loan by filling the online form at Student finance, but today I realised that the EU students (like me) should download another form and fill it and send it by post to Student finance office.
So, now what am I supposed to do? I have already fill the form for the EU students and I am ready to send it, together with my identity documents. Is it necessary to cancel my previous online application?
Also, some days ago I called the student finance to ask them about the identification process and although I told them that I live in Greece they didn't tell me anyhting about my application.
I need your opinions on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance,
George
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dear Andrea,

Thanks for your message.

I have one more crucial question. As I wrote above I am from Greece and I currently live in Greece, until 14th of September, when I am moving to UK.
I have applied for a student loan by filling the online form at Student finance, but today I realised that the EU students (like me) should download another form and fill it and send it by post to Student finance office.
So, now what am I supposed to do? I have already fill the form for the EU students and I am ready to send it, together with my identity documents. Is it necessary to cancel my previous online application?
Also, some days ago I called the student finance to ask them about the identification process and although I told them that I live in Greece they didn't tell me anyhting about my application.
I need your opinions on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance,
George
Dear George,

Thanks for your message. I have spoken to our team, and they have advised that you cancel the Student Finance England (SFE) application and download the EU17N form (www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/eu-full-time/year-1718/new-student).

You will then need to complete and return this to the EU team (their address will be provided at the end of the application form). If the application gets approved by the EU team then you would be eligible for a tuition fee loan (not a maintenance loan). If you require any further assistance, you are very welcome to e-mail the finance team at Liverpool Hope directly [email protected] and they will try to help as best as they can.

Hope that helps,
Andrea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.37%
It's just nice to be back! (182)
27.49%
Not great so far... (238)
35.95%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.18%

Watched Threads