The Student Room Group

Help with deciding A levels?

Hi, I enrolled at sixth form yesterday to do a levels in:
Maths
Art
Geography
Further Maths

I got a 9 in maths, and an A* in both art and geography. I'm just a bit anxious that further maths might be too much but I don't know. I know it depends on the person but generally, do you think I'd be able to manage the workload of these subjects and if anyone could tell, how did you feel about further maths at the beginning. I'm doing the linear a levels so I won't be able to drop at the end of year 12 as I do all my exams at the end of year 13.

Thanks!
Original post by MathsMeme
Hi, I enrolled at sixth form yesterday to do a levels in:
Maths
Art
Geography
Further Maths

I got a 9 in maths, and an A* in both art and geography. I'm just a bit anxious that further maths might be too much but I don't know. I know it depends on the person but generally, do you think I'd be able to manage the workload of these subjects and if anyone could tell, how did you feel about further maths at the beginning. I'm doing the linear a levels so I won't be able to drop at the end of year 12 as I do all my exams at the end of year 13.

Thanks!

Albeit under the old spec, I found that studying maths and further maths was like studying 1.5 subjects instead of 2.

The key to success in maths in practice and that's the most time consuming thing in maths, but I feel it's faster than learning any other subject as long as you keep your motivation up.

As you got a 9 you are clearly more than capable of keeping up with it. If you feel overwhelmed at some point, that's fine, just take a deep breath and practice.

Quick Reply

Latest