The Student Room Group

A level Resits

Hi,

I just wanted to know, can the university your applying to see the number of resits you take on an exam in an A level?

For my maths A level I did it in year 12 and got an A. I then resat C3 and C4 but still got an A in Year 13. Now I want to resit C4 and I wanted to know whether the university can see that I did the maths A level at all in year 12.

On my application I'll declare my A grade in maths from 2017, but will they have any way of knowing that I first did it in 2016 i.e. will they know that I retook C4 twice?

Thanks for your help
Original post by Hkr123
Hi,

I just wanted to know, can the university your applying to see the number of resits you take on an exam in an A level?

For my maths A level I did it in year 12 and got an A. I then resat C3 and C4 but still got an A in Year 13. Now I want to resit C4 and I wanted to know whether the university can see that I did the maths A level at all in year 12.

On my application I'll declare my A grade in maths from 2017, but will they have any way of knowing that I first did it in 2016 i.e. will they know that I retook C4 twice?

Thanks for your help

The short answer is YES

The reason being in your UCAS application you have to write down a complete academic record including all modules and resits taken. Obviously you could ignore his but if caught then your application becomes fraudulent and you will be sanctioned.

Quick Reply

Latest