AelinAshryver
Badges: 9
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm really aiming for oxbridge but my gcse grades are an 8 (eng lit), 5 a's (igcse maths, french and gcse classics, latin and r.s) 7 (eng language) and a B/B for igcse science double award.

But with these grades is it achievable?

I'm playing with my strength for a levels so i've taken eng lit, french and classics.

help!
username3236796
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AelinAshryver)
I'm really aiming for oxbridge but my gcse grades are an 8 (eng lit), 5 a's (igcse maths, french and gcse classics, latin and r.s) 7 (eng language) and a B/B for igcse science double award.

I'm playing with my strength for a levels so i've taken eng lit, french and classics.

help!
That's essentially 1A*, 6As and 2Bs. They're perfectly fine, even if they're below average. But anyone who gets MAJORITY A/A*s can have a chance, especially with a good admissions test result and personal statement.
AelinAshryver
so as long as i ace my a levels and write a good personal statement - it's possible?
AelinAshryver
also what makes a good personal statement?
Taran001
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AelinAshryver)

help!
Almost result twins
I got 1A* 8A 3B
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.57%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.66%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
10.34%
No - I live at home during term anyway (54)
26.6%

Watched Threads