The Student Room Group

My parents are being c*cks about my exam reuslts

just got my as results back the other day and went into school to pick them up. I opened them with my parents and got 2 bs in maths and further maths. I was literally so god damn happy, from getting like 7 Bs a C and a D at gcse. Then my dad standing there, n*gga looking like he about to cry and my mum says "what does this mean about his uni application then'. My nan then rang up to ask how Id done and my parents just say good and nothing else. I ask them why and they then say that my cousins may find out (2 went to durham and one is at oxford). This really got on my nerves i put in a lot of effort and my parents not even a congrats or thats good. anyone know some **** I can say to them to make them realise not every damn person is getting straight a's?
Original post by JohnTheChotch
just got my as results back the other day and went into school to pick them up. I opened them with my parents and got 2 bs in maths and further maths. I was literally so god damn happy, from getting like 7 Bs a C and a D at gcse. Then my dad standing there, n*gga looking like he about to cry and my mum says "what does this mean about his uni application then'. My nan then rang up to ask how Id done and my parents just say good and nothing else. I ask them why and they then say that my cousins may find out (2 went to durham and one is at oxford). This really got on my nerves i put in a lot of effort and my parents not even a congrats or thats good. anyone know some **** I can say to them to make them realise not every damn person is getting straight a's?

It sucks because they're comparing you against other people who have different strengths and weaknesses. They haven't actually considered your progression.

I assume that they must have a bit of competitiveness with your aunts/uncles/cousins which is just silly as you're all totally different people.

I'd maybe have a quiet word and just say that you feel like your achievement doesn't matter to them. Uni is not the be all and end all of everything.
Aw I'm sorry this happened!
Sit one of them down, and explain to them how you are feeling.
Sometimes people can lose sight of the fact that people have different abilities, and you getting a B ( in terms of hard work ) is equivalent to someone else getting an A* and it's not about the grade, but effort levels.
Getting those grades were great. Be proud of yourself :smile:
it's your results brah. you worked for them, not your parents. if anyone has a right to be disappointed about your results, it's you.
As long as you're happy with them, that's all that matters. Parents can be delusional.
if its the product of your best work. then be proud.go on and study hard achieve what you desire. however if you bummed about then maybe your parents have a right to be a bit disappointed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending