Turn on thread page Beta

Very IMPORTANT MARKING Question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The business studies (AQA) subject consists of three units: Unit 1, Unit 2 and Unit 3. Unit 3 is a controlled assessment so it is assessed/marked internally by my teacher. The other two units are marked by external examiners. My question is: For Unit 1 and Unit 2, would the same person have marked both units or would there have been two individuals marking each unit?

The reason I ask is because I have received a rather unusual low grade in the subject, both units having been given a similarly low grade. Now, I have either overestimated my ability in this subject for the 2 years I have studied it or it's an issue with the person marking my paper. So, I am considering a remark and would appreciate any advice and an answer to the question above.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please tag anyone that might be helpful in answering this question. @_gcx
    @Lemur14

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moltenmo)
    The business studies (AQA) subject consists of three units: Unit 1, Unit 2 and Unit 3. Unit 3 is a controlled assessment so it is assessed/marked internally by my teacher. The other two units are marked by external examiners. My question is: For Unit 1 and Unit 2, would the same person have marked both units or would there have been two individuals marking each unit?

The reason I ask is because I have received a rather unusual low grade in the subject, both units having been given a similarly low grade. Now, I have either overestimated my ability in this subject for the 2 years I have studied it or it's an issue with the person marking my paper. So, I am considering a remark and would appreciate any advice and an answer to the question above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    realitycheck

ReputationRep:
    the first paper is multiple choice so couldn't have been marked wrong.what grade did you get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annnnnonymous)
    the first paper is multiple choice so couldn't have been marked wrong.what grade did you get.
    What are you talking about? None of it is multiple choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    sorry. different exam board

ReputationRep:
    It will be different examiners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    It will be different examiners.
    So the same examiner wouldn't have been assigned with my unit 1 and Unit 2 papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So the same examiner wouldn't have been assigned with my unit 1 and Unit 2 papers?
    It's rare for someone to be marking more than one paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    It's rare for someone to be marking more than one paper.
    Although that is true, are you certain that for business, the same examiner wasn't assigned to 2 units of a student? Essentially I am asking about what the AQA system is like, regarding marking of business studies papers. I need specific information regarding this subject and board.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    @RealityCheck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Marked by different people
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    Marked by different people
    Are you certain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you certain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's just how it works. Like each sitting at each centre goes to different people. So everyone that did unit 1 at you school got marked by a different person than the person marking all the unit 2 papers from your centre

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's just how it works. Like each sitting at each centre goes to different people. So everyone that did unit 1 at you school got marked by a different person than the person marking all the unit 2 papers from your centre
    In that case, do you think it's worth get a remark just based on the incentive that I was a 'natural ability' A* student in business studies that ended up with a B. Most will think I am crazy and being arrogant but I am truly baffled with my results in business studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In that case, do you think it's worth get a remark just based on the incentive that I was a 'natural ability' A* student in business studies that ended up with a B. Most will think I am crazy and being arrogant but I am truly baffled with my results in business studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you get a B in unit 1&2?

ReputationRep:
    Did you get a B in unit 1&2?
    Yup, I did. I'll give some more insight. For the two years I have done the course, I have achieved nothing less than a A grade in every test and mock exam I have done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I did. I'll give some more insight. For the two years I have done the course, I have achieved nothing less than a A grade in every test and mock exam I have done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you looked into the boundaries? Are you closer to an A than the possibility of dropping to a C?

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked into the boundaries? Are you closer to an A than the possibility of dropping to a C?
    In one unit, I am quite close to the A, but in the other, I am slightly above the B borderline. I know, for a fact, that my grade will not go down if it was to be re-marked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In one unit, I am quite close to the A, but in the other, I am slightly above the B borderline. I know, for a fact, that my grade will not go down if it was to be re-marked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about overall including coursework

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.