Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I was wondering what the accommodation for Eddington tower flats mean? For example: EDD3/11. Does that mean Flat 3 Room 11, or Floor 3 Room 11? Also, how is the accommodation in the South Towers?

Thanks,
    Sam.

ReputationRep:
    Someone said that the flat number = floor number so I'm assuming that you're on the 3rd floor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maple08)
    Someone said that the flat number = floor number so I'm assuming that you're on the 3rd floor.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssammate)
    Thank you!
    Yes, that means flat 3 (third floor), room 11.

My daughter lived in Eddington in her first year and absolutely loved it. The accommodation itself is pretty basic but it is so easy to make friends when you are sharing with so many other people. The rooms are set out in two wings each leading off the central kitchen, which is where everybody gathers to hang out.

Have fun and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FionaMG)
    Yes, that means flat 3 (third floor), room 11.

My daughter lived in Eddington in her first year and absolutely loved it. The accommodation itself is pretty basic but it is so easy to make friends when you are sharing with so many other people. The rooms are set out in two wings each leading off the central kitchen, which is where everybody gathers to hang out.

Have fun and good luck!
    Brilliant! How many showers/toilets were shared in her flat? And was there any situations where she would be waiting to use one for ages?

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant! How many showers/toilets were shared in her flat? And was there any situations where she would be waiting to use one for ages?
    There are two toilets and one shower on each side of the flat. She says she practically never had to wait and can actually only remember it happening a couple of times over the whole year.

One suggestion she said to pass on to you is to see if your flatmates want to consider designating one toilet on each side as being for the girls and the other for the boys. She says that she didn't see any other flat doing that when she stayed there but that in her flat they found it worked really well and in particular helped avoid girl/boy antagonism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FionaMG)
    There are two toilets and one shower on each side of the flat. She says she practically never had to wait and can actually only remember it happening a couple of times over the whole year.

One suggestion she said to pass on to you is to see if your flatmates want to consider designating one toilet on each side as being for the girls and the other for the boys. She says that she didn't see any other flat doing that when she stayed there but that in her flat they found it worked really well and in particular helped avoid girl/boy antagonism.
    Thank you and your daughter so much! It's been a very big help, I highly appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and your daughter so much! It's been a very big help, I highly appreciate it
    You're very welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Also Eddington tower flat 3 here, do you have Facebook? We got a group chat going

ReputationRep:
    Also in Eddington tower flat 3, what courses are you guys studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanA93)
    Also in Eddington tower flat 3, what courses are you guys studying?
    Computer science, and yourself?
    1 week now, omgggg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenDoodles)
    Computer science, and yourself?
    1 week now, omgggg
    Sports Science, I know! Not long to go now. Can't wait to get started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanA93)
    Sports Science, I know! Not long to go now. Can't wait to get started
    Eyyy, noiice! Do you want adding to this group chat on messenger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenDoodles)
    Eyyy, noiice! Do you want adding to this group chat on messenger?
    Yeah mate, be good to get to know a few people before we get there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.