The Student Room Group

Am I going to fail?

Okay so this is a really long story but I need genuine advice, because I'm so stuck on what to do! One of my subjects (a level) is maths, I got a D in maths AS and I was pretty gutted, but I know I did NOT work hard at all during y12, so that's probably why. However I was determined to carry it on and work extra hard this year to make up for what happened last year. But I was really disheartened when I heard about other people's results as no one really got higher than a C. This scared me into thinking if I carried on with maths, I might fail (or might not achieve the grade I need which is a B/A)
I'm really struggling as to whether I should suck it up and carry on with maths but work extra hard this year, but be unsure of the outcome. Or should I drop maths and pick up another subject and stay for y14, as much as I would hate to do that.
Please give as much advice as you can, as my head is all over the place! I know I should've worked harder in y12, but I'm scared that it's too late to risk it..
Reply 1
If you want to continue Maths to A2, make sure you know exactly how you're going to work harder and know what exactly you need to do more of to Achieve what you want. It would be possible for you to get a B with extra hard work but plan it all now.
I got a D in AS maths this year too.

No biggie..resit AS modules with a2 next year but work really hard this year..i'm currently going through all c1 past papers again..

Quick Reply

Latest