The Student Room Group

OCR Latin re mark ?

I was wondering if it is worth sending one of my gcse Latin papers back for a re mark. I got A*'s in 3/4 papers, but a high B, borderline A, in the 2nd language paper, which brought my overall grade down to a high A. I'm only a few UMS marks off the A* boundary so I was wondering if it's worth sending that paper back for a re mark? (Yeah I know an A is a good grade considering I got an E in mocks but as I'm so close to an A* I just want to know if it's worth sending back)
Original post by chaffinch
I was wondering if it is worth sending one of my gcse Latin papers back for a re mark. I got A*'s in 3/4 papers, but a high B, borderline A, in the 2nd language paper, which brought my overall grade down to a high A. I'm only a few UMS marks off the A* boundary so I was wondering if it's worth sending that paper back for a re mark? (Yeah I know an A is a good grade considering I got an E in mocks but as I'm so close to an A* I just want to know if it's worth sending back)

Yes, I would if I were you. If you're close to the next grade up there's no reason to not want to boost it up to there, and it won't be too pricey if it doesn't go up as it's only one paper. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
Yes, I would if I were you. If you're close to the next grade up there's no reason to not want to boost it up to there, and it won't be too pricey if it doesn't go up as it's only one paper. :smile:

Ok, I'll try sending it back, even if I don't go up I'm not perusing Latin so I won't be too annoyed
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus

I agree - OCR Latin GCSE I got an A* in just 2/4 papers and still got an A* overall.

Quick Reply

Latest