The Student Room Group

Unit 302: Contribute to the improvement of business performance.

Hi, i am stuck on 2 questions on this unit which are:
1.2: Explain the organisational and legal constraints relating to problem-solving
1.5: Analyse the implications of adopting recommendations and implementing decisions to solve business problems.

for 1.2 i understand the organisational contraints but can any one help with the legal side?
and 1.5 i have no idea where to even start.

Any help will be appreciated :smile:
Original post by AFH92
1.2: Explain the organisational and legal constraints relating to problem-solving
1.5: Analyse the implications of adopting recommendations and implementing decisions to solve business problems.

for 1.2 i understand the organisational contraints but can any one help with the legal side?

Hi there,

My interpretation of 1.2: An example could be that you can't simply just fire someone who you know is causing issues within the business, there has to be justifiable reasons and legislation does offer protection for employees against unfair dismissals. That could be one. Another could be if there was a financial problem with the business. There is a lot of legislation for business finances and accounting which businesses have to adhere to. If you're trying to save the company from going under, some legislation may prevent certain solutions from being implemented.

For 1.5: The obvious answer for me is that there's always a risk that the recommendation may not be right. The person offering the recommendation might not actually have an idea what their talking about, and hence the solution may cause more problems than it solves. Secondly, any recommendation may just be wrong, regardless of who made it, or under what circumstance. Also, the problem itself may present great challenges for implementing/adopting solutions. If its an organizational problem and the problem decided is structural change, you've got to deal with people (who naturally dislike change), maybe making people redundant, reallocating roles to people, possible demoralization and antagonism from employees. That's one example I can think of.

I hope that made sense buddy!

Regards
Reply 2
Original post by KieranAdam
Hi there,

My interpretation of 1.2: An example could be that you can't simply just fire someone who you know is causing issues within the business, there has to be justifiable reasons and legislation does offer protection for employees against unfair dismissals. That could be one. Another could be if there was a financial problem with the business. There is a lot of legislation for business finances and accounting which businesses have to adhere to. If you're trying to save the company from going under, some legislation may prevent certain solutions from being implemented.

For 1.5: The obvious answer for me is that there's always a risk that the recommendation may not be right. The person offering the recommendation might not actually have an idea what their talking about, and hence the solution may cause more problems than it solves. Secondly, any recommendation may just be wrong, regardless of who made it, or under what circumstance. Also, the problem itself may present great challenges for implementing/adopting solutions. If its an organizational problem and the problem decided is structural change, you've got to deal with people (who naturally dislike change), maybe making people redundant, reallocating roles to people, possible demoralization and antagonism from employees. That's one example I can think of.

Regards

Alot of help, thank you!
Original post by AFH92
Alot of help, thank you!

No problem buddy! Hope it counts as an answer hahahaha.

Regards
Original post by AFH92

Hi AFH92,
I am totally stuck on this full unit, I was wondering if you have any advice that might help to kick start me??
Thank you in advance
Original post by KieranAdam
Hi there,

Regards

This is a great help! I've been staring at this question for the past two days wondering who the hell wrote this question! Thanks for your time explaining this.
I'm stuck on all of part 4 can anyone help!

LO4 Be able to contribute to the improvement of activities

4.1 Identify the nature, scope and scale of possible contributions to continuous improvement activities

4.2 Measure changes achieved against existing baseline data

4.3 Calculate performance measures relating to cost, quality and delivery

4.4 Justify the case for adopting improvements identified with evidence

4.5 Develop standard operating procedures and resource plans that are capable of implementing agreed changes
Reply 7
For 1.2 Google pest analysis, this is what I've used to help me as I'm currently doing that unit. Plus its in my help notes so thats what they must be looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest